The Fated Damned

Mehman

"... and he that went before now came last, that which was white and black and all direction was thrown against itself. Grown mightily indignant at the words of the Gods, Malal did turn his heart against them and flee into the chambers of space... And no man looked to Malal then, save those that serve which they hate, who smile upon their misfortune, and who bear no love save for the damned. At such times as a warrior's heart turns to Malal, all Gods of Chaos grow fearful, and the laughter of the Outcast God fills the tomb of space..."

Right then, ladies and gentlemen, I've had an idea. Whether it is a good idea or not is suspect but I'll let you all be the judge of that. Anyone that knows me understands that I'm a bit crazy for Malal. My wife shakes her head when the name is mentioned - or her eyes glass over in futility - because there is about to be a discussion that she knows nothing about. You may be wondering just who Malal is and why you should care. Let's clear that up first and without all the bad legal mumbo-jumbo, either!

Malal was created back in the early days of Warhammer when times were easy and models were all metal. He / She / It was created as the Renegade God of Chaos, the anti-hero of Chaos, if you will. Whether he was kicked out of the main pantheon or left of his own volition doesn't matter. All that matters is that he's a dark cookie. Malal is the embodiment of Chaos' indiscriminate and anarchic tendency toward destruction, including itself and its own agendas. This makes him the purest form of Chaos as he opposes both Order and Chaos and their machinations. His power as a God is largely parasitic in nature as the Outcast God only grows in power as the other Gods grow in power.

Other bits of information to know: his sacred number is 11 and his livery is black and white (two completely opposite things - just wanted to be sure you got that). His heraldry and a picture of his champion, Kaleb Daark, are followed after the only known picture of him (below).

Malal.jpgMalal-symbol.jpgKaleb_daark_malal_warhammer.jpg

Pretty neat stuff, right? So, to sum up our boy, we've got: a Renegade God that looks like a large dragon with three eyes whose symbol is a bisected skull with white on the left side and black on the right side and a pretty metal champion straight out of an issue of classic Heavy Metal. What does this all have to do with me? Next paragraph!

I am hoping to create a Host of Malal for Age of Sigmar called The Fated Damned. The force will include elements from Chaos and Order, specifically the former Dark Aelf range. They will be led by Einar Fate-hewer, the Direbane, a very large Champion of Malal (a converted Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (you know I'll post some pictures when he's completed)). As Kaleb Daark (pictured above) had a weapon from the Antithesis of Chaos, so does Einar. Instead of having Daark's Dreadaxe, Fate-hewer is in possession of Soulspite, a daemon weapon in the form of a sword.

Well, that's about it. I just wanted to throw this idea out there to see if there was any interest. To be honest, I've been struggling to stay with one army all the way through but I think this may be the one. Anyway, feel free to leave some feedback in the form of questions or not-so-serious threats.

My package is on the way as of now so building time should be coming up soon. I'm pretty sure I'm going to turn my blog into "Malal and Friends" - a kid-friendly place where we'll talk about damnation and such. Should be fun!

Archived