Josh's Legion of Sacrament & other projects ^_^

Josh

Hey Bros!

Just wanted to put together a little area to share what I'm working on, get advice & hopefully get some sweet ideas ^^

I'm 28, live in Queensland Australia, been involved in the hobby since mid to late 90's (involved on and off)

Basically collected 40k for ages but found a good solid group in 6th-7th Edition Fantasy and just started up again.

I have a Freeguild army which is becoming boring due to me playing them as a gunline & looking to start a Rotbringers army

enjoy some photos :) 

Marauders marked by Nurgle (using pox walkers for something different)

DGs-9OIV0AEC0Wc.jpg:large

Some off my Freeguild WIP

DF9yYVNUAAAkh1n.jpg:large

18556205_1337142533068648_56938389252677

Great to see the pox walkers used as Mark of Nurgle marauders - I've been trying to do the same, but I've been struggling with some of the more sci-fi sculpts - I'll be watching your blog for inspiration!

lovely paint job on the horse - and a well thought out scheme to boot. 

Keep up the good work. 

MGP

So Ive been really lazy & pulled my finger out to do some hobby, ditched the rotbringers because i really didnt enjoy painting them and just got my nighthaunt to a table top standard and did some more work on my lumi

so much to do still :( 

But the plan is to play nighthaunt for 2018 & have freepeople as a back up / something different when i finish them

DResNVZV4AEAkEv.jpg:large

I also got some stormcast and think ill paint them all the same as my freepeople to keep my order all looking the same if I want to ally anything

0BFC9F0D-3518-431C-B7EB-32F4A7ACEBFE.png

that stormcast is tight AF!

I know how hard it is to do white on dark solid and clean lines. But I'd say give that white line on the inside of the cape another go, or even remove it. At this level of paintjob, that adds more distraction that aid to the models finished look. You could even do gold instead, which might blend slightly more with the purple, especially if you do a retributor gold, as it is primarily yellow.

I'd also do another highlight on the grey, although I'm sure you're still working on that. Especially on the top of the models where there are a lot more things going on.

SOLID paintjob on this guy, man. Keep it up!

16 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

that stormcast is tight AF!

I know how hard it is to do white on dark solid and clean lines. But I'd say give that white line on the inside of the cape another go, or even remove it. At this level of paintjob, that adds more distraction that aid to the models finished look. You could even do gold instead, which might blend slightly more with the purple, especially if you do a retributor gold, as it is primarily yellow.

I'd also do another highlight on the grey, although I'm sure you're still working on that. Especially on the top of the models where there are a lot more things going on.

SOLID paintjob on this guy, man. Keep it up!

thanks heaps man! 

yeah i agree the white line blows hard, not sure what to do there tbh. was thinking even just something in the corner to reduce the need to nail the whole thing.

I completely agreed about the armour needing a touch more to make it pop, but i feel like im running out of talent from here haha. The whole thing need bringing up but ill get there :)

thanks again for the compliment, appreciate the thoughts most of all

I also broke some of my spirit hosts & my generals head broke off so i fixed them, also tried to make them more interesting with bringing out the faces & hands 

i feel like they need something done with the weapons & i feel my general needs more to bring it up but the army was pretty rushed to make it for a tournament.

DRpVUz-U8AEGgH-.jpg

DRpVUz5UQAA8zUz.jpg

bit more done today, learning to blend & its not the best but learning slowly, I need to be more patient & skele teeth make me sad lol

still need to highlight the black but i forgot to bring down some black to my parents place ><

DRyqNQoV4AEWbPY.jpg:large

So after talking to my boss, I signed up for prob Australia's biggest tournaments CanCon, so the Freepeople are on hold so I can fully finish my Nighthaunt (due it being more complete lol) 

Ive started by painting one of my 3 bits of terrain needed for the tournament & assembling what I plan on taking for my summoning pool

Just a simple OOP citadel hill trying to match up with my armies basing , already started fixing up the super heavy wash :P

DSFagS6V4AAPW7o.jpg:large

4 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Really nice work, pretty swift too! I agree on the cloak, I kept the free hand to the corner and it is just as effective :) 

thanks mate! I'd doing heaps at the moment because im on holidays ^_^ so much time !

more progress from today was started on what i hope will work to be my Vampire Lord with flying horror (im hoping to pose him to appear lunging forward) & chipping away at my WIP zombies fresh from my freeguild army :P 

DSNJajtVoAYcqqg.jpg:large

DSNLaYRUMAEZ4zl.jpg:large

Had a day off hobby due to work & got some more done today, more terrain prep and almost finished the zombies. 

I tried to make their eyes glow (never tried the technique before) and to be honest they are pretty bad but I got a few down that im happy with, will practise it some more & plan on doing it with my dire wolves :) Also some basic rust & blood on areas that needed it

Happy new years to everyone also!

DSXsn2eVQAAxcyI.jpg:large

So i painted up these to use as Dire Wolves, tried again for glowing eyes but still not really happy with it, i feel like i need more brighter colours and more a gradual glazes to make them nice but im not really sure

but yeah! still heaps to do -__-

DSkPVJ0VwAAeHI-.jpg:large

• 3 weeks later...

the laziness for my free people continue lol Picked up some nurgle for Malign Portents & local path to glory campaign. With the nighthaunt being very green & wanting something different Ive done with black /grey and hyper bright guts and sores.

Thoughts on pustule colours? Also not sure about weapon colours?  DVZwq-jU8AACBS2.jpg:large

• 2 weeks later...

Archived