Skirmish Initiative -- once per game or each round?

Blutsteigen

Question

In the Skirmish system, it seems to be far too damaging to win initiative two turns in a row.

I looked carefully through my rule book, expecting first player to be established only at the beginning of the game.

Finding nothing, I assume it is accurate that players actually roll to determine first player each round just like standard AoS?

6 answers to this question

I had the courier scenario turn from easy victory after my turn 2, Being within movement range to get off the board and no enemies nearby in the next turn,  to being completely blocked by my third turn due to my opponent getting the double turn. So it does feel more game changing than ever,  but it also made that scenario more interesting than me just pacing it that I could run in this direction and automatically win!

So yes,  the roll for initiative each turn is supposed to happen :)

9 hours ago, Duck1986 said:

I had the courier scenario turn from easy victory after my turn 2, Being within movement range to get off the board and no enemies nearby in the next turn,  to being completely blocked by my third turn due to my opponent getting the double turn. So it does feel more game changing than ever,  but it also made that scenario more interesting than me just pacing it that I could run in this direction and automatically win!

So yes,  the roll for initiative each turn is supposed to happen :)

They had a great time, and yes double-turn made for a rousing conclusion to the Vortex of Power scenario!

895439_sm-AoS_demo_sopphie.jpg

9 hours ago, Valenae said:

offtopic

yesterday I lost battle with our local champion Bonesplitterz because I roll 1 VS 2 when roll off third turn :(

it was really sad but at least he didn't destroy all my army as he did with others 

It makes the game really fun IMO.  I just wanted to be certain.

Archived