Battle line rules

Shackledhorf

Question

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked, but after researching this have seen a lot of people complaining about battlelines really hurting the dwarfs because of being limited to warriors and long beards.  The only way I can see round it is, but don't know if this is legal, as I can't find the answer. 

If I take a unit of 20 warriors or long beards and run them as two units of 10, does this count as two battleline choices? 

Really hope dwarfs are addressed in new GHB

7 answers to this question

Hi Shacklehorf,

I know this isn't the best answer but...Who knows, All we do know is that we only have to wait less than a month to find out.  I for one am looking forward to seeing what new army's we can make and what has changed with the new Allegiance Abilities for the all the Grand Alliances and for some of the sub-faction specific ones also.

Cheers,

Ratty

I am, rather looking forward to it myself. Really loved the GHB, but felt let down by the lack of roll tables and things for campaigns. Really hoping they throw us a bone with support for older factions. They've certainly hinted at old faction stuff on the Facebook group. But obviously not alot to go on lol. But I am excited !

Hi,
Apologies if this has been asked, but after researching this have seen a lot of people complaining about battlelines really hurting the dwarfs because of being limited to warriors and long beards.  The only way I can see round it is, but don't know if this is legal, as I can't find the answer. 
If I take a unit of 20 warriors or long beards and run them as two units of 10, does this count as two battleline choices? 
Genuinely don't understand the question - you can take two units of 10 anyway? What are you trying to circumvent?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Currently you can take Warriors and longbeards in 10s so yes two units of ten would count as two battle line choices. Generals hand book 2017 is out soon and I'm sure allies will open up a lot of options for and hopefully add some abilities and artifacts. 

15 hours ago, Shackledhorf said:

Hi,

I think I do understand your question and the answer is no. 

You cannot run the unit as one unit of 20 but letting them count as two battleline choices. So you have to field every battleline choice as a separate unit. so two units of 20 warriors and a unit of 10 longbeards is three battleline choices. 

But regarding the reason of your question, they are not bad at all. 10 warriors/longsbeards with a shieldwall can easily delay no rent opponents for a turn or 2. Fielding a hero with a command ability next to your longbeards allows you a second command ability besides your general. This can be huge. Of course not top tier until they get synergy but certainly good enough to fulfil their role: defend stuff and just don't die. 

5 hours ago, Kramer said:

I think I do understand your question and the answer is no. 

You cannot run the unit as one unit of 20 but letting them count as two battleline choices. So you have to field every battleline choice as a separate unit. so two units of 20 warriors and a unit of 10 longbeards is three battleline choices. 

But regarding the reason of your question, they are not bad at all. 10 warriors/longsbeards with a shieldwall can easily delay no rent opponents for a turn or 2. Fielding a hero with a command ability next to your longbeards allows you a second command ability besides your general. This can be huge. Of course not top tier until they get synergy but certainly good enough to fulfil their role: defend stuff and just don't die. 

Yeah that is pretty much my question. I meant if I run 20 warriors as two units of ten does that count as two choices. I can see now it does. Makes it more flexible, hopefully. We will see what GHB 17 brings

In the teasers GW have heavily inclided dwarfs will get at least one battle line if unit...which could be ironbreakers.  They also said these will get massive battalion options so I am hopeful. 

I currently think Dispossessed are already powerful, and will get moreso with the new allies.

Archived