Killing mournguls with rats... Ideas?

Dead_Ghost

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Atm I'm running three Stormfiends with warpfire throwers. Sayl'em up an zap it? Use a warp lightning canon?

Or just feed it chaff units to slow it down?

Anyone had any luck taking them out?

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Don't get rats too close...they have low bravery which gets penalised and any bonuses from rend gets neutralised too. Lay down some suppressing fire from Jezzails and cannons and keep everything else away unless you fancy shoring one up with a cheap pile of giant rats?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Dead_Ghost said:

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Atm I'm running three Stormfiends with warpfire throwers. Sayl'em up an zap it? Use a warp lightning canon?

I've run a lot of napkin math on Mournguls, and 6 Stormfiends with warpfires are a very reliable way to take them out. They are tough enough to survive in combat, and 12d3 (or 10d3 if one dies) is enough to kill it on average in one shooting phase. Besides getting lucky with massed Plague Monk charges, or other kinds of mortal wound spam (Thanquol and Boneripper can lay down a lot in a single turn) there aren't many other options for Skaven that I've found to be effective.

My plan would be to not kill it. Don't let it get to the centre of the board, then bog it up with 40-60 clanrats w/ inspiring presence for the rest of the game.

Or, you know, focus a shitload of super powerful Skyre units on it.

Archived