Cheetor's Lost City of Exactamundo! Dragonfate Dais 05/12/17

cheetor

I do love your scenery pieces, always coming back for a look. 

Ive picked up most of these pieces in the past few months and slowly assembling them ready for paint (when i decide a scheme).  What a pain some of them are though! Im looking at you Numinous Occulum.  I went with some cheaper LotR ruined buildings rather than the Ruins of Osgilliath, which in retrospect was a mistake but they are built now. I do find some of the current GW pieces a little crowding, the Dias and Arcane Ruins both are very densely packed when built, the ruins can obviously by split up but for the Dias I think ill only run 3 of the pillars to give a bit more space to position models on the top. The gaps look easy enough to fill.

Most of my scenery pieces are being based to give them a bit more tie-in to the board and also cover a large amount of the open space. Im also converting most of them in some way (realmgates especially) so they have a bit of variance to what people would mostly play on/with.  Just last night i combined the Dias base and half-stair with a Realmgate, makes it look like the realm-fire is linked to the bubbling pit below. The Dias itself, and other half-stair, is going to be grafted onto/into an old GW modular hill as I feel hills are underused and this will make it a nice objective target (with a bit of careful positioning during set-up).

• 1 month later...

Archived