Varghulf Alternative

Kryptboy

So the Varghulf I ordered was lost/stolen during shipment so I'm either reordering one or using an alternate model.  Originally I was thinking of using a Vargheist in place of it and just modify it some, but I'm not sure if they're the same size.  Would this be a viable alternative to the extremely derptastic varghulf model?

I got a varghulf recently, It's an okay model. I don't really love it or hate it. Its about the same size as a varghiest but comes on a slightly larger base. If I were to build a new flesh eater court army from scratch I would do the following. 

Buy a box of crypt flayers/horrors. then buy these textured round bases.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-60mm-Round-Textured-Bases

cut up 2 of the textured basses and decorate 2 of the 50mm bases. then build.

1. crypt haunter Courtier, with Varghiest head and hairy Varghiest back.

2. crypt infernal Courtier, with crypt horror head " the one with the necklace of bones "  and varghiest hairy back

put these 2 on the 50mm bases you made.

Then use your last 60mm textured base as is " fill in the bullet holes with green stuff " and file off the 40k shell caseings. use this as the base for your Varghulf. Now build you last model as the the leader Varghiest model. He has the Varghiest face, hairy back and a pair of little wings on his back. reposition the large set of wings on him so they are outstretched. would take a bit of conversion work and some green stuff but I don't think it would be that hard to pull off.

As long as you play pure flesh eaters I think this will look great as an alternative Varghulf model.

the textured bases and hairy backs will really help separate these models as Courtiers and the larger base and outstretched wings will help separate the Varghulf from the other 2 courtiers.

Also check out this guys videos for inspiration. He has some amazing flesh eater models.

On 11/7/2017 at 11:07 PM, Kryptboy said:

Just because I'm rather new, where is a good source to get green stuff from?

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/

I didn't bought the green stuff from here since now, but other things yes (roller pinins and so on, so I think green stuff should be ok. I'll buy green and blue stuff here at the end of August

@Jgregs: seeing such amout of proxies as ghouls really hurt... it was done better usin fillers even in the old editions, but seeing so scarce tombs...I  could have understood with a little more effort to represent zombies and skeletons, but ghouls...no..

Archived