How can I lighten the skin tone of an already painted model?

Trout

1 hour ago, Trout said:

I purchased a fully painted model from eBay and am happy with how it is painted, except that the other similar models I have painted myself all use kislev flesh as the skin tone, which is significantly lighter than the skin tone used by the person who painted the new model. By itself it looks great, but next to my other units it looks too dark and reddish.

I though of using a mixture of mostly lahmian medium with a bit of kislev flesh. Would this work? If not is there some other way? The skin as is is painted to look like there is dirt and grime and tattoos on the skin, I don't want to ruin those either.

Maybe add a picture of he model and the intended color? 

Hmm I think What I would do is this: 

the tattoos are not very intricate. I would try to add them on you own giant. If that works out repaint the flesh of the finished model and redoing the tattoos. 

The advantage being that I could add more unity through the tattoos, maybe negating the need to repaint. Also I would never be skilled enough to paint around the tattoos. 

If repainting the skin would not work (just 1 or 2 layers of thin kislev and maybe re-inking) I would strip And repaint from start. 

Hope this helps. 

Archived