1.5K Seraphon List

WatcherintheWater

Hey all. My club does monthly 3 game tournaments and I want to take my Seraphon to the the next one. They are usually pretty friendly so I don't need to take the hardest list possible, but I don't want to end up getting stomped either. I haven't used them in quite a while, but here's what I was thinking. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Saurus Eternity Warden  w/ Phoenix Stone

Saurus Sunblood (General) w/ Relic Blade & Master of Defence

Skink Priest

10 Saurus Guard

10 Saurus Guard

5 Saurus Guard

Bastiladon

5 Chamelon Skinks

3 Ripperdactyl Riders

Eternal Starhost.

1500 exactly.  I would probably try to keep 2 Guard units with the Eternity Warden and Priest and 1 with the Sunblood if I needed to split them up for objectives, and let the other units spread out on their own. Seems like this list would be vulnerable vs mortal wounds, but is pretty solid otherwise. I could drop the sunblood or priest for 5 more guard or maybe a starseer.

• 3 weeks later...

I Think you list is solid if you want a very defensive army. Also, I would move some things around to try and get either the taurus gastrolith bearer in there or change the Sunblood for a skink priest with priestly trappings. This is because your army is focused mostly on your temple guard and these guys will make them much better.

If you are not set on your list, I recently played a 1500 Seraphon list that was really fun to play and actually somewhat competitive if you play it right (Killed 2 stone horns by the second turn). Here it is in case you want to give it as shot:

595d1867a5a86_ScreenShot2017-07-05at11_48_01AM.png.0c406310517d3b651b93e67175ac9591.png

How I played it is as follows:

Skink Star-priests: each give the serpent staff ability to one of the carnosaurs, and cast starlight and mystic shield on the carnosaur that needs it the most.

Astrolith Bearer: This gives re-rolls to hit on the carnosaurs, this is huge because that means that most likely you will get +2 to hit on the bites, and it also makes casting the spells so much easier

Oldblood on Carnosaurs: Have one be your general and cast his command ability on the bite attack. This puts your attacks at 7 2+ 3+ rend -1 damage 3 (6 if you roll 6 to wound) with is really good. also by choosing reckless you most likely be able to charge where you want to charge. Also an important point is to make sure to use the sunbelt gauntlet to make casualties on the units you are not going to charge so that you can take advantage of the Bloodroar. there are very few things that can stay in the way of two carnosaurs buffed like this

Skinks Skirmishers: Use these as screens to protect your carnosaurs from unwanted charges and to guarantee you get the charges you want. they are also key for taking objectives 

Ripperdactils: these are meant to eliminate the most immediate threats on the back of the enemy lines, like Stormfiends, Skyfires, and other shooty units that can cripple your army as well as mess with your enemy strategy

Let me know what you guys think about this list.

NOTE: if you want you can switch the other skink starpriest for one of the following:

Lore Master of Hoeth: Rerroll hits and wounds on one of your carnosaurs

Battle Mage Beasts: 6 damage on a 5+ instead of a 6+ and to wound roll of 2+

Skink Priest: Re-rroll saves on all of your carnosaurs

Archived