What AoS can learn from the new 40k

The ability to construct your army pretty much freely due to amount of different detachments and the low imporrance for command points (before the codexes) seem to the biggest "fail" in the game at least in my eyes. The etc rules pack had actually restrictions of max three detachments and still you get that kind of lists. The AoS way of restrictions on total number of certain kind of units and free selection Otherwise seems to work much better. I believe the New ally system will help with the battleline issues as well.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Jamopower said:

The ability to construct your army pretty much freely due to amount of different detachments and the low imporrance for command points (before the codexes) seem to the biggest "fail" in the game at least in my eyes. The etc rules pack had actually restrictions of max three detachments and still you get that kind of lists. The AoS way of restrictions on total number of certain kind of units and free selection Otherwise seems to work much better. I believe the New ally system will help with the battleline issues as well.

You're limited on how many detachments you can bring based on your points size - 2 for 1k for example.  Although the variety does mean there's less restriction than AoS, there's still a restriction in place and command points are clearly going to play an important roll as Codexes get released.

Archived