Lord Celestant finished!

Aeonotakist

That water effect looks hella dope and with that nicely painted model it works really well. I don't know about the base rims, though. I assume its the blanket that makes those black spots and that it is in fact a solid pale brown (steel legion drab?). It still feels as if it distracts the nice gold your models heavily rely on. I would consider a black rim for these models. Also, the non-mounted model, his base which is poking over the smaller base underneath provides an unstable aesthetic which is also distracting. Perhaps either take a larger size base (from 40mm to 50mm) or carve the sides down to fit the rim of the smaller base underneath.

Other than that, Fantastic job on the painting aspect. They look great. Do you have a larger army the same quality? if so, please share pictures of them as well!

8 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

That water effect looks hella dope and with that nicely painted model it works really well. I don't know about the base rims, though. I assume its the blanket that makes those black spots and that it is in fact a solid pale brown (steel legion drab?). It still feels as if it distracts the nice gold your models heavily rely on. I would consider a black rim for these models. Also, the non-mounted model, his base which is poking over the smaller base underneath provides an unstable aesthetic which is also distracting. Perhaps either take a larger size base (from 40mm to 50mm) or carve the sides down to fit the rim of the smaller base underneath.

Other than that, Fantastic job on the painting aspect. They look great. Do you have a larger army the same quality? if so, please share pictures of them as well!

Yes I do have about 1500 pts army with similar standard. It's just hard to take picture for all of them.

Archived