Stormhost Keyword

Murphy

Battletome: Stormcast Eternals (2018), page 117:

"If your army is a Stormcast Eternals army, you can give it a Stormhost keyword. All STORMCAST ETERNAL units in your army gain that keyword. If a model in your army already has a Stormhost keyword, it cannot gain another one, but this does not prevent other units in your army from having a different Stormhost Keyword."

As Gavriel Sureheart has the Hammers of Sigmar keyword, you could take him in a Celestial Vindicator army, sure (he's just be a bit useless and unless you took other Hammers of Sigmar named characters, none of your units would have the Hammers of Sigmar keyword, meaning his command ability wouldn't work on them). :) 

Whats annoying is you cant give individual units a different Stormhost keyword than your allegiance.  I have Tempest Lords but bought the Gavriel model when it came out, its not painted yet so with the new tome coming i thought i could paint up some Hammer of Sigmar liberators from the old box set and have them come along with Gavriel and id at least get some benefit from his command ability, even if they dont get the allegiance ability, but you cant do that sadly.

2 hours ago, stato said:

Whats annoying is you cant give individual units a different Stormhost keyword than your allegiance.  I have Tempest Lords but bought the Gavriel model when it came out, its not painted yet so with the new tome coming i thought i could paint up some Hammer of Sigmar liberators from the old box set and have them come along with Gavriel and id at least get some benefit from his command ability, even if they dont get the allegiance ability, but you cant do that sadly.

Yeah, it's a shame in some ways because in the novels you see characters from different Stormhosts mixing with each other far more freely than is represented in the game. The Stormhosts don't seem to have the same rigid separation and isolation as, say, Space Marine chapters.

Although visually I do think it looks better having a cohesive colour palette for the whole army.

On 7/19/2018 at 12:41 PM, stato said:

Just realised, you could always paint up a token force of Hammers of Sigmar consisting of Steelheart's Champions and the Farstriders now that they've got the keyword. Wouldn't be great on paper, but rule of cool guarantees they'll rock in game. ;) 

3 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Just realised, you could always paint up a token force of Hammers of Sigmar consisting of Steelheart's Champions and the Farstriders now that they've got the keyword. Wouldn't be great on paper, but rule of cool guarantees they'll rock in game. ;) 

I like this idea.  Most if your army is say, Celestial Vindicators, but your strike force is Vandus Hammerhand, Gavriel and Steelhearts Champions.  Could be very thematic.  

Archived