which of these three is better

Thundercake

Going with a narrative theme so I don't expect it to be super competitive ....but which of the three do you think works better together?

List 1

Free Guild General on Griffon

Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage

Excelsior Warpriest

Witch Hunter

20 FreeGuild Greatsword

5 Reavers (battleline)

5 Reavers (battleline)

10 Arkanaut Compant (battleline)

10 Ironbreakers

Gryph Hound

Arkanaut Frigate

List 2

Free Guild General on Horse

Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage

Excelsior Warpriest

Witch Hunter

Aether-Khemist

20 Free Guild Greatsword

5 Reavers (battleline)

5 Reavers (battleline)

10 Ironbreakers

Gryph Hound

Arkanaut Frigate

List 3

Free Guild General on Griffon

Luminark with White Wizard

Battlemage

Witch Hunter

Aether-Khemist

20 Free Guild Greatsword

5 Reavers (battleline)

5 Reavers (battleline)

10 Ironbreakers

Arkanaut Frigate

Hi, I like the three alliances thing you got going on. Every race a little functioning detachement. But in that same vein,  could I suggest a couple of things? 

You have the frigate + arkhanauts that can 'zip' around, the khemist can only interact with the arkanauts but means the frigate is overburdened. So I would think a runelord with a unit of ironbreakers is super thematic and more effective as the runelord can buff the Ironbreakers with an extra 6+ save or an extra rend. Or maybe Longbeard with a warden king if you have them? Longbeards can enable the Warden King to use his ability without being the general. 

The same could go for the reavers, A fast moving ranged detachement on the flank could be supported by a Archmage on horse if you have it. Fits the them and again it doesn't need to be the general to interact with the reavers (or anything else for that matter). His 18" bubble spell giving every model in your army a 6+ extra save is very good in a mixed army and can easily cover both your reaver units. 

The free peoples side I have no experience with but looking at the general on griffon warscroll I can understand that it would be worthwhile to make him the general just to boost the great swords. 

And another thought, although not very effective pointwise haha, is to drop a free people hero for a navigator. It can interact with the frigate from a distance. Makes thematic sense but that's just about it. But would mean a hero for every detachement that can interact with it. 

@Furuzzolo do you think a third unit of reavers is better to fill my battleline with than a unit of arkanauts? Is it worth taking the arkanauts if I lose the mobility to get them around the table quickly?  The general idea is that there is enough speed to contest some things early and annoy the opponent. The great swords and dwarfs are there to either hold things on my side of the table or eventually be the things that can hold up or kill other large units. The griffon is fast and hitty, the hurricancum helps buff things and puts out mortal wounds.

@Kramer thanks for the ideas. I think im gonna to add in the archmage on horse and will drop the priest w/ gryph hound, the save army wide probably works better than the one unit heal from the priest.

Still debating on the frigate or not. May drop it for a bastildon or a luminark or somethign.

6 minutes ago, Thundercake said:

Still debating on the frigate or not. May drop it for a bastildon or a luminark or somethign.

I would, or drop it to add more of the factions you already have but that's me. I must admit I havent tried it yet as I'm still building the frigate but i'm allying in a frigate + 10 arkanauts for my dispossessed as soon as possible. Some reason as you are looking at them I suspect. (also it's a behemoth so can be very helpful in some scenarios) But I wouldn't take the arkanauts without the frigate. For those 120 points I would rather take thunderers (either kind) or Erendriggers I reckon. 

20 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I would, or drop it to add more of the factions you already have but that's me. I must admit I havent tried it yet as I'm still building the frigate but i'm allying in a frigate + 10 arkanauts for my dispossessed as soon as possible. Some reason as you are looking at them I suspect. (also it's a behemoth so can be very helpful in some scenarios) But I wouldn't take the arkanauts without the frigate. For those 120 points I would rather take thunderers (either kind) or Erendriggers I reckon. 

Yea, I need something to fill the last battleline role. Not sure if handgunners would be better than arkanauts. The arkanauts fit the theme (once everything is built and converted better) but I could change out the ironbreakers for longbeards to meet battline but I lose the second attack from the ironbreakers.

1 hour ago, Thundercake said:

Yea, I need something to fill the last battleline role. Not sure if handgunners would be better than arkanauts. The arkanauts fit the theme (once everything is built and converted better) but I could change out the ironbreakers for longbeards to meet battline but I lose the second attack from the ironbreakers.

Remember that Longbeards can equip both the 2h weapon AND the shield. 

I do insist on the steam tank instead of the ship. Maybe a runelord to buff your Dispossessed line! 

But maybe i'm just putting units that i like in your army... :$

Archived