Rampaging Destroyers - Twice?

Skeekrit

Hi All,

I took Grots to the GW Heat 1 over the weekend (Destruction because I took Gitmob and Moonclan). This was my first competitive tournament since GHB17 and so things came up which I never considered during my narative games (and warhammer achievements)

One which came up - for the destruction move (Rampaging Destroyers) can you move the same unit twice (or move then charge)? It came up in game 5 and my opponent and I couldn't remember anything in the FAQs to stop this happening so one of my spiders went 12" in the hero phase (general rolled a 3, then he rolled a 6). -- of course he then failed Mystic Terrain, but he is a Grot!

Would be interested to hear opinions as I wouldn't want to pull a 'trick' at Sheffield which is my next tournament

- Skeekrit (Declan)

4 minutes ago, Skeekrit said:

One which came up - for the destruction move (Rampaging Destroyers) can you move the same unit twice (or move then charge)? It came up in game 5 and my opponent and I couldn't remember anything in the FAQs to stop this happening so one of my spiders went 12" in the hero phase (general rolled a 3, then he rolled a 6). -- of course he then failed Mystic Terrain, but he is a Grot!

Yes you can. 

If you use the tail end of a big unit properly you can trigger it as many times as you like on that unit. Best I've pulled so far is 3 on my Goregruntas. Combined with my Ironfist move, the normal move and then a charge it was disgusting.

18" + 3" + 9" + 10" = 40" of movement 21" of it occurred in the hero phase.

It's actually one of the reasons I hate the destruction move atm, most of the time it's underpowered as hell but occasionally your opponent just gets a giant ****** in his face. It's the bad kind of RNG.

10 minutes ago, Skeekrit said:

Ah- okay. I'll need to remember this when my opponents asks about the threat range on units... 'normally 5" + charge, but potentially 36"...'!

Cheers for the confirmation.

It's fricking disgusting isn't it. It's really unlikely and super restrictive but like in that game, which it won me, my opponent tripple checked in the rulebook.

Archived