Mortal Khorne path to glory help

Praecautus

Hi chaos devotees. My khorne blood bound are due to take part in a path to glory campaign and I am undecided on my starting line up 

Mighty Lord of  Khorne to provide charge buff and axe o doom

Slaughterpriest for MW and other prayer 

Gorebeast chariot to charge upfield and put pressure/act as threat that can't be ignored

but now I struggle 

Should I add 20 reavers and blood spectator - big scary blob but folds when the spectator dies 

or

5 blood warriors with blood stoker - less reliant on spectator, stoker buff is nice but low model count and now glaive

or 

10 blood warriors lose buffs but 10 blood warriors are always a threat 

Help me TGA, you are my only hope

I assume you mean Bloodsecrator, not Blood Spectator?  If so, take him.  Always take him.

My experience with PtG is that mobility really matters.  Reavers are cheap, fast-ish, benefit most from the Bloodsecrator, and give you some bulk to start out.  You'll be able to pick up units as you go, so if you want offensive punch, you'll be able to recruit Bloodwarriors within a game or two.  I started with a Juggerlord, Slaughterpriest, Bloodsecrator, Skullcrushers, and Bloodreavers, and did well.

FMB

So I played my first game last night against a Tzeentch warband and it was a blast - axes v magic.

Reavers did a great job of being a scary looking force and drawing all the fire and pink horror spam away from my heroes. The reavers didn't even survive turn 1 but everything else was unscathed.

Slaughter priest continues to be one of my favourite units, pulling the kairic acolytes out of position and then soloing them and boiling their blood.

Bloodsecrator made life uncomfortable for the Lord of change causing a few destiny dice to get wasted and having a pink horror blob on him for the entire game.

MLoK is deadly but oh so slow, could not catch the chicken of change who escaped the board.

Chariot was ok but started in the wrong place.

Lost the plan due to the LoC escaping but it was fun. I have added 10 blood warriors with double axes.

I sit at the bottom of our league on 0 points but don't care, it's the fun that counts and I am learning my army.

Yes the speed of his LoC was too much and I missed the blood stoker or a second priest to cover the far half of the board. Plus I had some bad positioning at the start.  Some of our abilities came as a surprise but I think I am the only khorne player in the area. I plan to use that lack of knowledge to my advantage ? I got off lightly though, some other games had chain summoning pink horrors

Hoping to get another game this week, hopefully against a different style of  army

On 10/16/2017 at 7:27 PM, Praecautus said:

I got off lightly though, some other games had chain summoning pink horrors

oh that's annoying. You got lucky with you opponent then. Good on him and means you at least had fun. What army are you playing next?

8 hours ago, Kramer said:

oh that's annoying. You got lucky with you opponent then. Good on him and means you at least had fun. What army are you playing next?

The pink horror spam was good natured between friends, it's quite a nice community at our store ?

Next battle is tbc but I am itching to get my new blood warriors into battle. May be brayherd or kharadon overlords.

On an aside the store manager has challenged my 2k list to take on his death army, looks like it could be fun. I just need to finish my wrath mongers and skull reapers first

Archived