Daemons of Nurgle Army

Waizer

Painted these guys up a while ago, but figured since I'm new here I would post pictures of previous armies I did :)

Whilst not strictly a WIP as these have been completed I wanted to show previous work done so it can be compared to my newest projects.

Cheers

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

It was really fun to paint them. I usually paint space marines and I'm ultra neat so being allowed to be messy was a massive change.

I felt blue edge highlight on the swords really brought a nice bright bit of colour to the models, glad I did it as it definitely adds to the overall look.

Having only painted Blightkings and Lord of Plagues so far, I've got some daemons up next.  May I ask what paint scheme you used for the green skin because it looks effecient and effective.  And I love the GUO; if there's no plastic kit for him whenever the new battletome drops he'll be the next thing I pick up.

On 15/09/2017 at 8:37 PM, MyGeekyPersona said:

Looking good! It's always nice to see a classic colour scheme painted well. As previously said, the gloss elements are a nice touch. Did you use a gloss black paint, or varnish it up afterwards? 

I'll be watching out for your new minis. 

MGP

For the swords I used a mix of a gloss and matt varnish to reach a middle ground. I didn't want it full on gloss and to look the same as the blood etc :)

For everything else it was just a good mix of either gloss where it was needed after a matt varnish to finish the model.

23 hours ago, BrAiKo said:

Having only painted Blightkings and Lord of Plagues so far, I've got some daemons up next.  May I ask what paint scheme you used for the green skin because it looks effecient and effective.  And I love the GUO; if there's no plastic kit for him whenever the new battletome drops he'll be the next thing I pick up.

Right, for the skin I have a brief write up of how I did it... hope it helps:

* Base coat model with vallejo olive drag
* Airbrush vallejo plague brown from a 45' angle (reasonably heavy)
* Airbrush vallejo dead flesh from directly above
* Gloss coat the model
* Use GW gloss agrax earthshade over whole model (keep it from pooling on flat surfaces)
* Drybrush nurgle green over majority of model
* Colour in the eyes black
* Use a mix of GW drakenhof nightshade and druchii violet and make bruises on the model

After that just paint the wounds and pustules and add whatever other effects you think the model needs :)

Archived