Empire Cannon - points for crew and buffs

Duck1986

Question

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked, I did try searching!

I've recently realised the importance of "Hold the line", the Freeguild/Empire General ability, which gives a +1 bonus to hit and wound rolls if the units selected don't move.

It only states Free People units as being eligible (3). The Empire Cannon doesn't have the Free People's keyword, but the crew do. As it's the crew "firing" the cannon, if they are buffed, does this transfer onto their ranged attack?

Also when it comes to points, do I need to pay additional points to crew the cannon? On the warscroll builder, there isn't an "Empire cannon crew" option, whereas there is if you go onto Ironweld Arsenal (Artillery detachment) for 40 points. The cannon is specified as consisting of a war machine and a unit of 3 crew. This makes me wonder whether they are included in the price?

Any light shed is appreciated!

5 answers to this question

On 7/16/2017 at 9:19 PM, Duck1986 said:

Thanks for the answers guys,  as I expected. I felt the buff to the cannon would have been "cheeky" but just wanted to check I wasnt missing out on a game changing legal move :)

It's interesting to note, that no War Machine in the game other than the Skaven ones (Which I assume only do because they have a single combined profile) have the racial or faction keyword associated with them. Purposely done I expect to prevent synergies like the above from happening (War Machines usually have specific synergies written on their scroll instead).

Archived