1200 point event list, advice needed

varyn

Hey everyone

My FLGS is running a 1200 point event this month and I'm trying to write a balanced list, but I am struggling to combine the elements I'd like into a well rounded list.

I have only played a handful of games with my death army, so I am very much a novice.

The event will have 4 games: 

- Gifts from the Heavens
- Border War
- Blood and Glory 
- Three Places of Power

This is my initial list:

Cairn wraith

Isabella von carstein

Mourngul

10 Skeletons

10 Skeletons

5 Blood knights

6 Spirit hosts

I only have 1 wizard and 2 heroes in total, which feels a bit lacking for a death army, to get the most out of ruler of the night.

Am I better off making my mourngul the general?

do I need a 3rd hero?

These are the other units I have available:

vampire lord on abyssal terror

vampire lord with wings

arkhan the black or manfred mortarch

mortis engine

tomb banshee

5 hexwraiths

wight king with black axe

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated! 

Thanks for reading :)

If you can make the Mourngul the General inlist 1 i would, it help keep the army working with the Death save.

I like list 1, its like a cut down version of what i have been using at 2k and works great. 

Yes only having 2 heroes is limiting, but most other armies will have less and if the General is the mourngul then you can keep the heroes safer hopefully. 

I would give it a try before changing / adding other bits in, but you have some solid additions to change up with.

I use 10 man skeleton units in my 2k list and they have been fine. With the other harder hitting and fast units you are able to pressure the enemy to focus on them quite a bit. Also, the skellies with a banner get D6 back each hero phase which can help.

Archived