Sception's Sleepy Sepulcher

Sception

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind.

Remember a few weeks back when GW put settra up for made to order? Well, mine finally arrived.

tumblr_pdbup328kN1woua6zo1_1280.png

And though it pains me to hack apart what is at this point an extremely hard to come by kit, I’m not building mine as settra. A couple spare vargheist wings tacked to the chassis, and some fancier, more gothic skeletal steeds to pull it from the black knight kit, and my popemobile conversion for an olden days style arkhan the black is well under way:

tumblr_pdbup328kN1woua6zo3_1280.png

The only real issue so far is that the charriot only barely kinda sorta just quite but not really fits on the oval base it comes with, so I might end up rebasing it on one of the larger circle bases before painting it.

tumblr_pdbup328kN1woua6zo2_1280.png

Not that painting it will come any time soon. Still gotta finish that dragon lord, the necromancer that’s been half done for like three years, a bunch of commission work, and enough skeletons & dire wolves to have a playable thousand points of legions of nagash before I even think about painting any tomb kings stuff.

tumblr_pdfeh248UT1woua6zo1_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_pdfeh248UT1woua6zo2_1280.png

tumblr_pdfeh248UT1woua6zo4_1280.png

tumblr_pdfeh248UT1woua6zo3_1280.png

Arkhan’s mostly converted up for the chariot. Cut down the cape a bit, repositioned the arms & head, & glued the upper torso to settra’s lower torso. The tassles on his helmet broke at some point in storage, so i removed them from his face. Haven’t decided if I’m goint to try to replace them yet.

The scale is a bit off, settra’s lower body is a bit to small for arkhan’s upper body, but the chariot obscures the problem, and if he were any taller the chariot would be (more) noticeably too short for him, so this works about as well as could be asked for, I think.

tumblr_pdl2sn6UZt1woua6zo2_1280.png

tumblr_pdl2sn6UZt1woua6zo6_1280.png

Some progress on my Undead Legions. Got the base coats down on the dragon rider, and on various bits of that necromancer that’s been 2/3 done for like 2 years now. Should hopefully be able to finish both of these in the next week or so.

Spoiler

tumblr_pdl2sn6UZt1woua6zo1_1280.png

tumblr_pdl2sn6UZt1woua6zo3_1280.png

tumblr_pdl2sn6UZt1woua6zo5_1280.png

tumblr_pdl2sn6UZt1woua6zo7_1280.png

I might repaint the saddle on the dragon a dark green, as it currently kind of blends in with the riders skirt, but as it is, you can get a sence of what the overall effect will be with the rider and dragon together, and I’m very happy with how its shaping up.

tumblr_pdl2sn6UZt1woua6zo4_1280.png

tumblr_pdl33pcG0O1woua6zo3_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_pdl33pcG0O1woua6zo2_1280.png

tumblr_pdl33pcG0O1woua6zo1_640.png

I also got some putty work done on the retro style arkhan-on-chariot conversion, filling gaps, replacing the broken helmet tassles, and adding some bindings attaching the wings to the chariot chassis. Not the best sculpting work by a long shot, but serviceable enough. Will need to sandpaper the gap fillings down a bit after the putty’s had a day or two to dry.

Between this and the painting progress, thursday was a pretty productive day for hobby work all round.

tumblr_pdmqzuk01H1woua6zo2_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_pdmqzuk01H1woua6zo1_1280.png

tumblr_pdmqzuk01H1woua6zo3_1280.png

tumblr_pdmqzuk01H1woua6zo5_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_pdmqzuk01H1woua6zo4_1280.png

tumblr_pdmqzuk01H1woua6zo6_1280.png

More progress on the vampire and necromancer. They’re both nearing completion, just a couple minor corrections here and a few lingering details there yet to do. Whenever my next painting session turns out to be (maybe sunday?) should see them finished.

Archived