Battalions in matched play

AdamJohn

Question

Noob question here...

Can I use multiple battalions form different factions (but under the same grand alliance) in matched play.

Example 1... Mixed chaos army with Skaven Ripsnik Raiders and Bloodhound Goretide battalions - essentially mixing the Spire of Dawn and AOS starter set as an entry Chaos army.

Example 2... Swifthawk agent battalion from the Spire of Dawn boxset but then adding in additional order high elf and possible wood elf units.

Thanks guys!

2 answers to this question

You can mix it all. For matched play this does mean that you use the Chaos Allegiance for your first example and the Order Allegiance for the second example. The General's Handbook covers what kind of Command Traits and Artefacts you gain acces to. 

What you will do in this case is:
- Use Chaos OR Order as your Allegiance
- Gain acces to all Battalions that include models with the Chaos OR Order Keyword

PS The moment you'd want to 'specialize' for a Tzeentch Allegiance (as per Desciples of Tzeentch book) or Khorne Allegiance (as per Blades of Khorne book) or Khorne Bloodbound things get more specialized and your mixing and matching becomes more restrictive. 

Thanks. I was getting confused thinking that by using battalions all of your army had to have the same key word, like I could only take a battalion if it was all Skaven, Bloodhound, Swifthawk Agent etc... So for the moment (in first example) I'll be able to have Chaos allegiance and mix the battalion :-)

Archived