Warptongue Blade Damage from Gaunt Summoner

fishpeople

Question

I've been searching for answers on this particular question for a while and it's either i haven't found an definitive answer or maybe it was ask way before and just got buried in the forums.

Can the damage of the Gaunt Summoner's Warptongue Blade be Destiny Diced? it's still considered as damage roll as the spell itself it tabbed under the "damage" column in the weapon profile. It basically says, if your roll of 2d6 is higher than the bravery of the unit, one model dies. whoop dee do pretty average considering eliminating one model from a low bravery unit wont do much. However, what i had in mind is maybe use it as a suicide bomber/herokiller? Throw the GS to an enemy hero in your phase, then maybe destiny dice the wound and hit rolls then finally d-dice again for a minimum 10 from the 2d6 damage roll for the the damage which slays enemy hero.  A great way to redeem its pointage as most likely he'll die the next turn anyway lol

So can this be done? 
It would be greatly appreciated if we limit the "Gamesworkshop made this game for fun so let's fix/make rules for things that aren't even innately broken :)" arguments

Many thanks and would love to hear what yall have to say!!

1 answer to this question

Archived