Grimma

Question

11 answers to this question

Rocklobba, crew and the bully are all separate units and can be attacked independently. (Bully is on a separate warscroll.)

The 4-grot crew are separate models - grots *on* the rocklobba are window-dressing.

Bully cannot operate the rocklobba.

Only the crew that is part of that specific Rocklobba's warscroll can fire it.

You cannot use the same crew to operate two Rocklobbas close together, or migrate a crew to another rocklobba if theirs is destroyed.

You cannot reinforce the crew (excepting any abilities that allow you to heal/resurrect models in existing units).

If you don't have the 4th grot for the crew, then discuss with your opponent if they'd be happy for you to use the grot on the top as the 4th guy and act accordingly.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Keeping track - that's down to you to figure out.

Warscroll says a Rocklobba "consists of a catapult warmachine and a unit of 4 grot crew".

The rules for firing state if "its crew" are within 1" it can fire. Not "crew" or "a crew". It's possessive.

Now, you could have an argument over the actual table - whether it means the specific crew or not - but as the firing rules have already specified the unit that comes with it you'd be on shaky ground.

Thanks - I feel like there's a reasonable read of that rule that "it's crew" is the crew that is within 1 inch of it?

It's sadly not a reasonable read though - because the "its" indicates the crew it came with.
It'd also make the competitive crew rule on the warscroll pointless.

The bully does NOT come with the lobber, so that point is moot. It's a separate unit, costing additional points. The crew isnot; its cost is already included in the cost of the artillery piece.

See the Grot Rock Lobber Warscroll:

DESCRIPTION

A Grot Rock Lobber consists of a catapult war machine and a unit of 4 Grot Crew

A Warmachine + a unit of 4 grots. No bully anywhere included here...

30 minutes ago, Grimma said:

The bully is in the box, which is what I meant - you're right it's not on the war scroll. Thanks!

The inclusion of the bully in the box is simply an artifact of older generations of the game, where the bully was an optional part of the unit.

Archived