First Stormcast list

ADDriot

Hi all

I'll be starting a SCE list soon as I work towards having an army for every grand alliance. This was my first crack at a 1000pt list. I'm very open to feedback as I've never used SCE before and have no idea what makes them fun. I don't need the list to be super competitive, as long as it's decent and has the stuff I like. I want to include paladins and some shooting units as my other two armies have no range attacks at all.  Here's what I've thought up so far. I'll build up to bigger points if I like the army.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Celestant (100)

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
- 2x Starsoul Mace

Total: 980/2000

In my opinion it's a solid list. I would consider taking one unit of 10 Retributors and using Relictor's Chariot on it.

Or Bless Weapon... ;)

Lord Celestant is always welcome, but Lord Castellant as a general is great too. Especially as a general with Defender and his Lantern.

Unit of 10 Retributors with Blessed Weapons and 2+ Save would be brutal... ;)

48 minutes ago, ADDriot said:

Hi all

I'll be starting a SCE list soon as I work towards having an army for every grand alliance. This was my first crack at a 1000pt list. I'm very open to feedback as I've never used SCE before and have no idea what makes them fun. I don't need the list to be super competitive, as long as it's decent and has the stuff I like. I want to include paladins and some shooting units as my other two armies have no range attacks at all.  Here's what I've thought up so far. I'll build up to bigger points if I like the army.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Celestant (100)

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
- 2x Starsoul Mace
- 2x Starsoul Mace

Total: 980/2000

Maybe try swapping the Retributors for Protectors, I've found with Retributors that I'll have the starsouls at the front without many of the hammers getting close enough with their 1" reach to attack. This will also free up some points, you could perhaps add a Gryph Hound or Aetherwings for Objective scoring.

1 hour ago, Heksagon said:

In my opinion it's a solid list. I would consider taking one unit of 10 Retributors and using Relictor's Chariot on it.

Or Bless Weapon... ;)

Lord Celestant is always welcome, but Lord Castellant as a general is great too. Especially as a general with Defender and his Lantern.

Unit of 10 Retributors with Blessed Weapons and 2+ Save would be brutal... ;)

That does sound tasty. But then you miss out on a general ability right?

Archived