Newbie mixed Death list v2.. all C&C welcome

Greetings from the Warp

Hi all, have put together this list am liking the look of, and have prob got most of it bar the Morghasts and Mortis..

As a newbie with only a few games experience, what think all!? How can it be better and tighter..!?!

= 2000 points
Vampire Lord on a Zombie Dragon, ruler of the night, red fury - 440
Vampire Lord, wings - 140
Tomb Banshee - 80 
Tomb Banshee - 80 
10 Skeletons - 80 
10 Skeletons - 80
10 Skeletons - 80
3 Spirit Hosts - 120
3 Spirit Hosts - 120 
3 Spirit Hosts - 120
Mortis Engine - 180
2 Morghasts - 240 
2 Morghasts - 240

I would probably combine the spirit hosts into at least a 6 if not a 9. A 6 is so much more survivable than the 3s from experience. 

I would also leave some summoning points for zombies or dire wolves which dropping the one if the spirit hosts allows 2 units of. 

Other than that it's looks solid enough. 

2 hours ago, Countmoore said:

I would probably combine the spirit hosts into at least a 6 if not a 9. A 6 is so much more survivable than the 3s from experience. 

I would also leave some summoning points for zombies or dire wolves which dropping the one if the spirit hosts allows 2 units of. 

Other than that it's looks solid enough. 

Hey man thanks for the reply.. Has taken me a while to get my head around the summoning bit but can defo see the appeal. Would you use the Zombies and Dire Wolves as objective grabbers or tarpits?!

On 14/03/2017 at 8:09 PM, Greetings from the Warp said:

Cool man have to say have never really looked at the Dire Wolves.. I guess here pretty fast and cheap then.. Mmm cheers dude will have a good looky..

I have been impressed with the dire wolves so far.

If you can get a charge off with them they tend to make back their points, but even if you don't it's no big loss as they are so cheap.

Just a solid, fast and efficient unit!

Archived