Bonesplitterz, spending the last amount of points

SolarBur

Hi all

So I'm currently building up my campaign army and i've got my main force following the Brutal Rukk, giving me a nice gap closing army to get up the board. I've pretty much went just numbers and aggression (very orruk'y), but i've came to the last 120pts to fit in something in my army, and my mind has just went blank. I know my options are unit wise, arrowboys, stabba's or moarboys, but i can't choose between them because they all seem like they can be beneficial to the army. The list so far is:

Savage Orruk Big Boss (brutal rukk, general)

Maniak Weirdnob 

20 Savage Orruks (stikka's, brutal rukk)

20 Savage Orruks (chompa's, brutal rukk)

10 Savage Orruk Boarboys (undecided on weapon, brutal rukk)

Formation - Brutal Rukk

Total = 880pts/1000pts

Any advice on what i should take to get the last of the points in ? 

I would like to keep it a unit and not a character.

I guess I'd look at the list and ask what doesn't it do and can I fill that gap.  Maybe arrow boys maybe another mob of Boar boys. 
But I'd set the boar boys up in minimum sized units. but I think that comes down to play style. I just figure the large Boys mobs will be locked up in combat and unable to move much. , that would be part of my play if I was playing this list. use them to lock up as many opposing units as I thought they could handle and run a round causing mayhem with the boar boys staying just in buff range. 

1 hour ago, warhead01 said:

I guess I'd look at the list and ask what doesn't it do and can I fill that gap.  Maybe arrow boys maybe another mob of Boar boys. 
But I'd set the boar boys up in minimum sized units. but I think that comes down to play style. I just figure the large Boys mobs will be locked up in combat and unable to move much. , that would be part of my play if I was playing this list. use them to lock up as many opposing units as I thought they could handle and run a round causing mayhem with the boar boys staying just in buff range. 

well the boar mobs don't have too much problem getting locked in combat since they have hit and run. they can just retreat out of combat and then just charge into a more favorable one. that's why i'm taking a large unit of them to try and cripple a unit, then run off to do the say to another unit. 

the moarboys are probably not worth it as much, i already have a lot of attacks so it might be worth looking into. 

i am torn between either the arrowboys or stabba's. stabba's give me that rend and damage i am missing, but its only 4 attacks with the both of them. the arrowboys give me 20 shots, but lack the rend or damage (unless its a monster). its a bit of a toss up between the two. 

1 hour ago, SolarBur said:

well the boar mobs don't have too much problem getting locked in combat since they have hit and run. they can just retreat out of combat and then just charge into a more favorable one. that's why i'm taking a large unit of them to try and cripple a unit, then run off to do the say to another unit. 

the moarboys are probably not worth it as much, i already have a lot of attacks so it might be worth looking into. 

i am torn between either the arrowboys or stabba's. stabba's give me that rend and damage i am missing, but its only 4 attacks with the both of them. the arrowboys give me 20 shots, but lack the rend or damage (unless its a monster). its a bit of a toss up between the two. 

3rd option would be a 2nd wierdnob. Having a 2nd mobile caster hero has some merit, especially in certain missions.  I really wish you had 20 more points available, as I would suggest a Wurgog. With some of the powers, it would be as effective as the big stabbas unit by dealing mortal wounds and help with certain missions.

9 minutes ago, bonzai said:

3rd option would be a 2nd wierdnob. Having a 2nd mobile caster hero has some merit, especially in certain missions.  I really wish you had 20 more points available, as I would suggest a Wurgog. With some of the powers, it would be as effective as the big stabbas unit and help with certain missions.

I'm worried that with only 3 units that i might get overwhelmed if i took three characters. Or would i be ok with the unit sizes that i have ? I'm hesitant to split the boarboys unit up, mostly because the can do a lot of damage in large groups. 

First off i gotta say love the army! And hats of to you sir for not taking Arrerboys! [emoji1360]

That being said I am a massive fan of Big Stabbas (and by default the Teef Rukk) so I would whole heartedly recommend taking a unit of Stabbas from your remaining points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Thanatos Ares said:

First off i gotta say love the army! And hats of to you sir for not taking Arrerboys! emoji1360.png

That being said I am a massive fan of Big Stabbas (and by default the Teef Rukk) so I would whole heartedly recommend taking a unit of Stabbas from your remaining points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks xD

I wasn't a fan of the whole kunning rukk, i know its effective. But i want to play games. If i wanted to sit back and shoot i would play 40k ^^;;;

Big Stabba's are fun, i play on running a unit of 4 of them in my 1500pts as well as adding more boyz to the list. Going to go full on horde mode ;p

Archived