Rate my list.

Olincay

Ladies and gents, in two weeks I'll be attending my very first indie tournament.
So I thought I'd get everyone's opinion on what I'll probably be taking.
Welcome to any advice people may have.

It's 1200 points with 2 battleline, played on 4x4.
Scenarios are from GHB being.
Take and hold.
Escalation.
Blood and Glory.
Gift from the heavens.

I'll be running Stormcasts.
Command trait: Consummate Commander.
Battalion: Hammerstrike Force
Stormcast chapter: Celestial Vindicators.

Leaders:
Lord Relictor, General, Prayer = blessed weapons.
Lord Celestant, Artifact = Obsidian Blade.

Battleline:
5x Liberators.
5xLiberators

Other Units:
3x Prosecutors with Javelins.
5x Protectors.
5x Protectors.
5x Protectors.

Points total 1180/1200

Hello Olincay

I'm quite sure, that you've miscalculated something in your list - I'm running it at 1260, since the Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber rocks in at a cost of 80 points.

That aside, is there any reason, why you'd be running Lord-Relictor as General and picking the trait that makes Lord-Celestants ability available in stead of just picking Lord-Celestant as leader, and giving him any other trait than Consummate Commander?

Also you'll be able to run with an artifact on both your heroes. Per standard you have 1 available artifact and then 1 additional for each battalion you bring. Using both Hammerstrike Force and Celestial Vindicators will bring you up to 3 available artifacts, which means that you can use 1 on each of your heroes.

29 minutes ago, Denlar said:

Hello Olincay

I'm quite sure, that you've miscalculated something in your list - I'm running it at 1260, since the Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber rocks in at a cost of 80 points.

That aside, is there any reason, why you'd be running Lord-Relictor as General and picking the trait that makes Lord-Celestants ability available in stead of just picking Lord-Celestant as leader, and giving him any other trait than Consummate Commander?

Also you'll be able to run with an artifact on both your heroes. Per standard you have 1 available artifact and then 1 additional for each battalion you bring. Using both Hammerstrike Force and Celestial Vindicators will bring you up to 3 available artifacts, which means that you can use 1 on each of your heroes.

The celestial vindicator chamber has points? I wasn't aware of this.
I was running the lord Relictor as the general so he can have access to the Celestial vindicators command ability. I know I can give it to the celestant but I wasn't sure if he can have both command abilities activated at the same time, if he can I'll definitely give it to him.

35 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

Since when do you have 15 painted Protectors? 

I think you should swap 5 of those into Retributors, just because there's a bit of a lack of mortal wounds. Retributors as we all know, smash face, and provide you a decent source of mortal wounds.

I'll be fielding 6 starsoul maces, I thought that was plenty of mortal wound output lol.
I currently have 10 painted, BUT benny is letting me borrow 3 so yay.

Looking at the ability I can see why you would be doing that - Sorry for my mistake. thought you had to choose the actual ability from the Celestials, but it's already appointed to your general. Which means that you'll be able to pick up consummate commander and use both the Celestial and the Lord-Celestant command ability.

I'm afraid that the points for the Celestial Vindicator Warrior Chamber isn't a joke.. The chambers come in at a cost of 80-100 depending on which you choose. It's displayed in the battletome along with all the unit- and battalion-costs.

2 minutes ago, Denlar said:

Looking at the ability I can see why you would be doing that - Sorry for my mistake. thought you had to choose the actual ability from the Celestials, but it's already appointed to your general. Which means that you'll be able to pick up consummate commander and use both the Celestial and the Lord-Celestant command ability.

I'm afraid that the points for the Celestial Vindicator Warrior Chamber isn't a joke.. The chambers come in at a cost of 80-100 depending on which you choose. It's displayed in the battletome along with all the unit- and battalion-costs.

I just double checked warscroll builder and my heart sank alittle bit haha.  I suppose I can run the list the way it is without the vindicators trait. I cant juggle anything else around to fit the points in. Unless I drop the Relictor, I think that's a bad move tho.

In case you do so, you should reconsider running 3 units of protectors, since the hammerstrike force alone, doesn't require 3 units of paladins.

which would give you 200 points for another hero and some more beef.

8 hours ago, Denlar said:

In case you do so, you should reconsider running 3 units of protectors, since the hammerstrike force alone, doesn't require 3 units of paladins.

which would give you 200 points for another hero and some more beef.

That is an option. I'm worried i wont have enough punch.

I could just run a unit of 10 and unit of 5 protectors in the normal hammrstrike and just forget the celestial abilities.

Archived