Chaotic Chaos Khorne-themed Army.

Galas

Hi to all and thanks for read!

I'm doing a Khorne (I had a sorcerer, I know, sorry!) themed Chaos Army with the units that I have. Some beastmen, a Start collecting! and some Khorne Bloodbound starter set units. Units that don't appear here (A Doombull, a Beastmen Lord, 2 Chaos Gargants)

I'm going to a 1,5k points tournament the 1 of April. I'm not gonna go full competitive, just to have fun, but I like to just not be tabled every game. It isn't fun if its a one side battle.

This is my list:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Great Bray Shaman (100)
Bloodstoker (80)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runestaff
Lord Of Chaos (100)
- General
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Battleline
20 x Gors (160)
- Gor Blade & Beastshield
30 x Ungors (180)
- Shortspears & Half Shields
20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Slaves to Darkness Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
10 x Bestigors (140)
1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100)

Total: 1500/2000

I accept advice in the weapons loadouts of my troops, generals/heroes, maybe what items suit best this army. Its obviusly a total meele-rush army. I can change the Gorebeast Chariot for a Chaos Chariot and maybe axe some unit like the Gors or Ungors to make room to batallions or other things.

Thanks for your time!

You dont have Slaves to Darkness allegiance as you have incorporated Beastmen and Bloodbound, so your only allegiance is CHAOS. Thats fine however it means the chaos knights are not battle line.  However the Gors, Ungors, Warriors and Bloodreavers are all battleline under chaos allegiance so I think you're covered.

You have a lot of foot soldiers so the inclusion of the shaman to speed up the beastmen is a good one, same goes with the Bloodstoker. You will have issues with gunlines (who doesn't?) but with around 100 models on the table it should take them a while to clear you off! Good luck!

Yeah! My tactic was a basic one. Shaman and Bloodstoker to make this foot horde run meanwhile I scream "Don't you know we are at war?!" 

Maybe a horde of Savage Orruks archers will just delete me in 2 turns. But its a friendly tournament, so I don't expect many power lists. I'm sure someone will bring netlists but... yeah. No hard feelings for my part.

I plan to use my Chaos Sorcerer in a horse with the 5 knights as his bodyguards to cover one flank and be my movile force.

What chariot did you think its better? Gorebeast or Horses? I think Gorebeast will be better to keep the pace with my foot army covering the other flank.

Gorebeast chariots are definitely better. Sadly I have 3 x regular chariots from the old days so I'm stuck using those. Would def prefer to use Gorebeasts though!

Due to your reliance on the shaman and bloodstoker to get your army moving keep in mind that those two will be major targets for your opponent.

If you wanted a little more speed I would have a look at flesh hounds. 5 for a 100 pts, move 10" and dish out a few attacks. Good for hampering ranged troops and war machines until the others catch up.

Archived