Newbie Mixed Death

Lysandestolpe

Hi,

Please comment on this list as you will. Anything helps, both positive and negative feedback is much appreciated.

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon - Vampire Sword, Cursed Book, Ruler of the Night (GENERAL) 440pts

Necromancer - 120pts

Arkhan the Black - 340pts

Crypt Ghouls 10 - 100pts

Skeleton Warriors 20 - Sword shield 160pts

Zombies 20 - 120pts

Spirit Hosts 6 - 240pts

Spirit Hosts 6 - 240pts

240pts for summoning Morghast Harbringers

2000/2000

thanks!

What's the plan dude?

Is this stuff you have or plan to get? The mixed battle line is unusual, you might find it better to take the points you've spent on Arkhan and put them into more ghouls and a ghoul king. I get that then your summoning is more difficult. You could consider taking the summoning sword for the guaranteed Harbingers. 

I do like Spirit Hosts, just as board blockers.

At the minute I think Arkhan stands out - he's predominantly used in summoning based lists. If the necromancer is casting the double pile in you might want to look at bigger battleline units to get the effectiveness from them

Stuff I have and stuff to add. Basically I want a list that's fun to play but that still has some hard hits to it. Arkhan is that random aspect that can either hurt like hell or hurt a little. But his + to the cast and unbind roll as well makes him an interest to me both to increase success in casting as well as increase in magic defense. 

The sword is a great idea, also allows for summoning from the Vampire Lord. Who I also find very cool. 

Should I consider removing 3 spirit hosts and add more skeletons if I want to keep Arkhan and the Vampire Lord? If I understand you correctly 20 skeletons for that pile in twice is not enough punch? especially if they get below 20, which my opponent will. 

Thanks for your comments @TerrorPenguin

I think with skeletons generally go for either a unit size of 10 or 30+. reason is, at 20 models a single one takes away the bonus attack.  At least if you have 30 you are more likely to get that bonus attack with after a few die. 30+ will also make the necromaner's spell more dangerous too.

i am new to this too. i really like arkhan (and the other two mortarchs) but from what i keep hearing they arent the greatest in game terms. not bad. just not great.

spirit hosts are good for high armour high rend opponents.  

22 hours ago, MightyOwl said:

I think with skeletons generally go for either a unit size of 10 or 30+. reason is, at 20 models a single one takes away the bonus attack.  At least if you have 30 you are more likely to get that bonus attack with after a few die. 30+ will also make the necromaner's spell more dangerous too.

i am new to this too. i really like arkhan (and the other two mortarchs) but from what i keep hearing they arent the greatest in game terms. not bad. just not great.

spirit hosts are good for high armour high rend opponents.  

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon - Vampire Sword, Sword of Unholy Power, Ruler of the Night (GENERAL) 440pts

Necromancer - 120pts

Crypt Ghouls 10 - 100pts

Skeleton Warriors 30 - Sword shield 240pts

Zombies 20 - 120pts

Spirit Hosts 9 - 360pts

1960/2000

Removing 3 Spirit hosts for 10 more skeletons. I could make the 9 unit, or make 1 x3 unit and 1x 6 unit or 3 x3 units of them. Thoughts?

or

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon - Vampire Sword, Sword of Unholy Power, Ruler of the Night (GENERAL) 440pts

Crypt Ghouls 10 - 100pts

Zombies 10 - 60pts

Zombies 10 - 60pts

Mornghoul - 400pts

Spirit Hosts 9 - 360pts

2000/2000

Battleline for requirenment, zombies can endure some hits if they morph to one unit, spirit hosts can hold and screen objectives. Mornghoul is just ridiculous and I still get my Vampire and Arkhan. :)

Archived