1.5k tournament FEC help

squigL0RD

Hey there. Playing in my first tournament on the 19th and I need help coming up with a FEC list. I have seen some on here that look good and have tested well but I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas. Playing mostly against stormcast with an iron jaws and tzeentch army in there somewhere. Anything helps. Thanks. 

Okay so the list I have is 

GK on TG- 400

Crypt haunted courtier- 120

Crypt ghastly courtier- 80

3x crypt horrors- 140

3x crypt horrors- 140

30x crypt ghouls- 300

10x crypt ghouls- 100

10x crypt ghouls- 100

Ghoul patrol- 100

Total- 1480/1500

It can work, you can either go heavy ghouls or heavy elites.  I have found personally that a lot of ghouls tend to do nothing, because of how easy is it to kill the courtier and stop them regening (although Ghoul Patrol helps with that).  But I have yet to try running like minimal ghouls and a lot of horrors to really compare it.

Okay so this is only an honest idea because I've been testing it and it works, it's quite terrifying to a fair few people, the only thing I will say is that you cannot throw your ghoul king around in this unit, he gives off an 18" bubble of +1 to hit and to wound TWICE (horrors and ghouls hitting on 2s is kinda nasty!

Ghoul King on Foot (general) 100 (IMPORTANT NOTE: Use the Death Grand Alliance book version, his command Ability is INSANE and combos with the below battalion)

Haunter Courtier x1 120

Crypt horrors x6 280
Crypt Horrors x6 280

Attendants at Court Battalion x1 100

Varghulf Courtier x1 160
Crypt Ghouls x20 200
Crypt Ghouls x10 100
crypt Ghouls x10 100

Total 1440/1500

Now the ghoul patrol I will admit is really nice, but as you've mentioned you're up against mainly stormcast, I'm worried you'll have Paladin Decimators to face off against which wiped out one unit of 40 ghouls I had in close combat with them quite quickly. (One attack per model within a 2" range for each one with the axe) So they're quite nasty to face off with swarms, thus the units of our ogre equivalents.

Now then onto the Ghoul king, So as I mentioned above he needs to be from the Death Grand alliance book, don't worry he's still A: An abhorrant ghoul king, B: Flesh Eater Courts, and C: a pain in everyone's ass. Why? ell his command trait is Give all FEC Units within 18" of him +1 to hit and to wound. He does also still have Black Hunger so YAY +1 attack your next hero phase aswell!) And I mentioned it combo'd well. Attendants at court allow your Ghoul King so long as he's the General - to use command abilities twice per hero phase. So long as he's within 10" of the Haunter Courtier, so that +1 to hit and wound becomes a +2 OR A +1 and no battleshock required for a unit with inspiring presence.  But the entire idea is basicly - buff your ghouls and horrors, run around and eat flesh and wonder why their bodies are made of swords. Your ghoul kind is not to really get into combat so artefact I'd recommend is the Cloak of mist and shadows, so he has a GTFO card. The extra artefact I'd give the Haunter Courtier is the cursed book, so things getting close to him have -1 to hit unless it's death. If not maybe a cheeky tomb blade so you can heal him up and your king if they get hit. But that's what I'd personally do and the reasons behind it. but your list I do feel has a strong chance just BEWARE of Decimators.

Caveat:  Make sure you can use the Death Alliance GK.  A lot of people won't let you field him because the argument is the FEC book replaces the entry.  Also, would that ability stack to a +2?  It's the exact same ability?

24 minutes ago, The Obsidian Lord said:

(IMPORTANT NOTE: Use the Death Grand Alliance book version, his command Ability is INSANE and combos with the below battalion)

In matched play you cannot choose, you must use the up to date version.

55 minutes ago, squigL0RD said:

Wait.....so I have to use the FEC book one? I'm confused?

I've never heard of there being a specific rule, and GW's official stance is "Use whichever version you want" (aka the laziest approach possible).  I'd love to see clarification on this because it comes up a lot.  First question would be if the GA: Death Ghoul King has points listed separately from the Flesh-Eater Courts one; if so I'd say it's fair game (just like using a legacy warscroll).  If not, and the only Abhorrent Ghoul King is listed under Flesh-Eater Courts, then I'd say no, because that's the FEC battletome, not the GA: Death tome.  I suppose the argument could be made the GA: Death book also has entries for "Flesh-Eater Courts", to which I'd say okay but then you ONLY use the GA: Death entries, not the FEC entries.  e.g. no battalions from the FEC battletome.

Basically you cannot mix and match.  Either you use only the GA: Death entries, or only the FEC battletome entries.  But FWIW the only version of the Ghoul King on the AOS app is the FEC one, so it seems pretty clear (there's that intent again...) that the GA: Death one is obsoleted and has been replaced.

Archived