The Story So Far... some questions.

Hi, I'm trying to get up to speed with the "story so far" as I'd like to read the "City of Secrets" but am a bit behind having only read up to and including "Hammers of Sigmar".  Am I right in thinking that the Realmgate wars story ends with "Lord of Undeath" then things quieten down until the lore picks up a few generations later with "City of Secrets"?  Is there anything bridging the gap betweeen the two?

I've got the new Stormcast and Tzeentch battle tomes and the audio dramas, which I haven't listened to yet, but is there anything that gives a broad picture of the state of the Mortal Realms right now?  I think I'll need this as, good as the novels are, I'd like to have something I can refer to as I'm sure I'll forget vital bits of the story.  A new edition of the big "Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War" book would be fantastic.  Hopefully they'll publish one soon.

Last question.  What happened to Korgus Khul? :D

Apologies for the rambling post and also if this has been asked a million times.  Thanks.

The Campaign books GodBeasts and All-Gates will show you how the realmgate wars wrap up.  After that comes the info from the Summer of War campaign that GW held,  then the City of Secrets plus the two new battletomes.

We don't know what happened to Khul,  last seen in Godbeasts leading a very large army of bloodbounds and daemons I think.

2 hours ago, chord said:

The Campaign books GodBeasts and All-Gates will show you how the realmgate wars wrap up.  After that comes the info from the Summer of War campaign that GW held,  then the City of Secrets plus the two new battletomes.

We don't know what happened to Khul,  last seen in Godbeasts leading a very large army of bloodbounds and daemons I think.

That's very helpful, thanks.  I'll try and pick up the two Campaign books second hand somewhere, I think they're out of print now - pity it's not covered in the Realmgate Wars novels. 

1 hour ago, Shrimpy40k said:

That's very helpful, thanks.  I'll try and pick up the two Campaign books second hand somewhere, I think they're out of print now - pity it's not covered in the Realmgate Wars novels. 

Agreed a shame the novels didn't cover the last two campaign books.

Archived