Experimental mixed Order 1000 points

jamierk

Just playing with a concept I'd like to try at an up coming tournament:

Loremaster

Skink priest

Anointed on flamespyre (or possibly frost heart, not sure) (gets the plus 1 attack and plus 1 damage upgrades from order)

20 Saurus Warriors

10 Saurus Warriors

5 sisters of thorn

The Saurus can be rocking a 4up with a reroll from the skink priest and can cover a lot of board, not too bad on offence too

With reroll to hit and wound, the Phoenix is very mobile offensive tool with plenty of magic support and with plus 1 to save for each spell and sisters of thorn reroll and mortal wounds he'd be tough to tackle. Frosty has a bit more damage output and the neg 1 to wound (great vs those pesky drakoths etc), but no respawn. Once frosty has done all he can and dies, sisters can backup the Saurus making them very hardy.

Not a lot of range output though.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it! The buffed Phoenix with shield of thorns is brutal. I would do frostheart given it is less points, has a better attack profile, has a nice debuff, and based on the fact that the flamespyre just got nerfed, as you have to pay points now if it respawns. You could make it even tankier by giving it the Phoenix stone and the order trait that gives you an additional 6+ ward save on top of its standard 4+ ward save

Hi
I'm about to try something similar next tuesday, as I am also on mixed order with a newly bought Flamespyre as general.
Got this list so far:

Flamespyre phoenix + anointed = 280
Mistweaver Saih = 80

2x5 liberators + g.w. = 200
5x sisters of the thorn = 220
10x executioners = 200
total = 980

I would'nt mind having the loremaster as I believe he is a stronger choice than the Saih. Perhaps adding one of my dark elf boltthrowers for the power to pick off important hereos in the first turn. But for now the executioners will do, as they add a lot of killing power, though they are a bit vulnerable compared to something like like Kurnoth hunters.
Anyway, I'm excited to see how it pans out.

Hi
I'm about to try something similar next tuesday, as I am also on mixed order with a newly bought Flamespyre as general.
Got this list so far:
Flamespyre phoenix + anointed = 280
Mistweaver Saih = 80
2x5 liberators + g.w. = 200
5x sisters of the thorn = 220
10x executioners = 200
total = 980

I would'nt mind having the loremaster as I believe he is a stronger choice than the Saih. Perhaps adding one of my dark elf boltthrowers for the power to pick off important hereos in the first turn. But for now the executioners will do, as they add a lot of killing power, though they are a bit vulnerable compared to something like like Kurnoth hunters.
Anyway, I'm excited to see how it pans out.

Nice, I like it! I wish I had some executioners painted up (and not 40 bloody swordsmasters), they go very nicely in order lists (and just add a hurricanum for fun!).

I believe that the Loremaster will see a points increase in the GHB v.2  At 100 he's a steal for what he does.

I really hope not, I think he is appropriately costed. He's very squashy, and there are plenty of characters out there that have as good a buff for things around them. The nature of ranged shooting keeps him from being too unbalanced.

Archived