Stormcast 2ooo pt list for first tournament.

AdamR

I've got my first AoS tournament coming up in a few weeks, and as I've only been playing since January, I'm not expecting to trouble the top tables, it would be nice for it not to be a total and utter disaster!

I tried out Warrior Brotherhood for a few games but I didn't really like the way it played, and now with the change to the Azyros and it's questionable legality anyway, I'm not that fussed about losing it.

So anyway, this is my current list. With which I've had one entire game.

Lord Celestant - General, Staunch Defender, Spell Shield - 100
Lord Celestant on Dracoth - Obsidian blade, keen clawed mount. -220
Lord Castellant - 100
Lord Relictor - Bless Weapons - 80
Knight Vexillor - Pennant of the Stormbringer 140
Prosecutors x3, twin hammers, grandhammer - 100
Protectors x5, 2 starsoul maces - 200
Retributors x5, Lightning hammers - 220
Liberators x20 - hammer & shield, 4 grand hammers - 400
Judicators x5 boltstorm crossbows - 160 
Judicators x5, skybolt bows - 160
Hammerstrike Battalion - 120

I'm in two minds whether to drop the Hammerstrike and Protectors, add another two units of Prosecutors and Vanguard Wing to teleport my "anvil" unit of Liberators around.

Also lightning spears or hammers on the Prosecutors? I own 9 in total, so if I went Vanguard Wing it would be 2x3hammers and 1x3 spears. It's just I always find the spears a bit underwhelming, and God forbid they have to get into combat.

I've only been playing since October of last year but every time I take the javelin prosecutors, they've worked out.  

I mostly use them to spread my opponent's forces out, keeping them outside of 9" for the bonus damage and harass the flanks.  

They do suck in melee but even then you can use them to tie another unit up while your heavy hitters do their jobs. 

Archived