Warrior Brotherhood is Dead. long live WB!

Dave Fraser

On 2/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, Criti said:

As this is the Allegiance Ability,  you're in luck. 

I should indicate though I don't think its only the storm cast that need the teleporting rule fixed I think it should be every army that has this restriction aka the 9" away from enemies.... But that's just me :)

I don't agree here. As the game is based off of line of site so even if you have a units in front of your you can still shoot into the back rank. The storm cast have flying units that can shoot and good range on all their attacks. A teleport will still easily get into the back ranks of armies so if someone does want to try and have a defensive front line and shooting in the back they still need to be concerned about placement. (remember this is a game of missions not just kill kill kill). 

Only in some of the Battleplans (e.g. border war) are you pressured to move out to grab objectives immediately.

It's pretty easy to form a defensive bunker that can block off attackers from all directions provided that some of your pew pew has a 30" inch range (so Kurnoth Hunters, Jezzails or war machines are all possible). Some bunkers can go down to armies that first shoot holes in the outer walls, before sending in the alpha strike heavy hitters through the breach (often with the benefit of a double turn).

The bunker strategy often wins by first neutralising the enemy's own ranged threat. Once that sub-battle is over, they just wait for the melee attackers to bounce and keep on shooting away (picking targets based on Battleshock, which units pose any threat at all to the bunker lines and which units are threatening the objectives). Trust me - it works far too well. Thankfully, it's boring, which makes it less commonplace. It's also less common due to the relative unpopularity of Mixed Order armies (as opposed to 90+% Stormcast armies), who can produce some spectacular defensive combos. The bunker may also have some fast units that can jump out later in the game to pick off stragglers and seize objectives.

Significant amounts of terrain that completely blocks line of sight can be (not is) hard to find at events. 

I'm not sure the shooting that every army has but I have noticed that terrain has not been a huge factor in blocking line of site. Not to say it hasn't I just havent seen it being that big a deal.

Storm cast have those flying dude so line of sight aint usually much of a problem. Now I agree some war machines might pose a long range threat but for the most part are fairly expensive and suffer from easy to kill crew. That being said I think every army has certain units that can pull out some good range attack to counter one another. I should also indicate many war machines are not use due to the crew issue... Those war machines that some how don't have a crew should be revisited by GW to make them equal to the rest of the war machines out there.

Teleporting still has huge advantages especially since you can teleport units that can shoot so basically easily killing war machines. Also having a whole army wait in the sky until end turn to capture points just make for a foolish game imo so the more limitation they have on at least will make players think of what they actually want in an army instead of... auto add... auto add...

Also usually things that have high armor are synergy based so yes a unit will be tough to crack but go after the things that are buffing it instead.

I like the defense wall strategy but with the huge rend for some armies and other that just have mortal wounds I have yet to see an invincible list. 

Archived