Blot Toads and their interaction

Tullbeard

Question

I know that Blot Toads don't count as an enemy model and therefore can't be shot at or attacked in close combat.

However, there are a few occasions where their presence may matter.

One example is on the Field of Blood battleplan in the Triump and Treachery  section of the Generals Handbook. At the end of each battleground, the person with the most models within the centre ground scores points. The Blot road doesn't count as an "enemy model"; but therefore must still count as a model. Therefore does he contribute to scoring?

Normally the Blot Toad could be thought of as being invincible. What happens if the Lord Celestant on Dracoth uses his storm breath attack. This attack targets a point on the ground. Any unit (therefore a model; and also not limited to just enemy models) can take mortal wounds. Can the Blot Toad be hit by this?

2 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, Tullbeard said:

The Blot road doesn't count as an "enemy model"; but therefore must still count as a model. Therefore does he contribute to scoring?

Normally the Blot Toad could be thought of as being invincible. What happens if the Lord Celestant on Dracoth uses his storm breath attack. This attack targets a point on the ground. Any unit (therefore a model; and also not limited to just enemy models) can take mortal wounds. Can the Blot Toad be hit by this?

I definitely don't see your logic in the first paragraph I quoted... since he's not an enemy model he must still be a model? I would not consider him a model since he cannot be affected by anything your opponent does. 

In the second paragraph, the Storm Breath ability affects units, not models, and therefore will definitely not affect the blot toad (which doesn't have a wounds characteristic anyway so how would you know if it died?). 

30 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

In the second paragraph, the Storm Breath ability affects units, not models, and therefore will definitely not affect the blot toad (which doesn't have a wounds characteristic anyway so how would you know if it died?). 

The core rules and FAQ specifies that a unit is a group of one or more models. So a unit is by definition a model.

I think the correct answer is also in the core rules. This states (in the warscrolls and units section) that a model is described by a warscroll. As there is no Blot Toad warscroll, he can't be a model.

i think you're right, but for the wrong reasons.

Archived