Speedy Slaanesh Mixed 2000 points

whataseamus

I'm trying an experiment with a Slaanesh force built for speed, covering the battlefield quickly to seize objectives or take out artillery. It doesn't have a lot of punch though, so I am nervous it won't be remotely viable. I'm just trying to concentrate on what I know Slaanesh can do well.

Leaders:

Keeper of Secrets (General: Lord of War, Chaos Talisman)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Lord of Slaanesh on Demonic Mount

The Masque

Battleline:

Chaos Marauders x10

Chaos Marauders x10

Daemonettes x30

Units:

Chaos Marauder Horsemen x10

Hellstriders x10

Seekers x10

Monsters:

Chimera

What's your game plan? When you need bodies to claim objectives?

I can vouch for the 10 Seekers as homing missiles. You don't even need a double turn (although it helps) to get behind enemy lines. 

30 Deamonettes are a great glass hammer. I personally field 20 because on a long charge I can't get them all in contact. So the extra 10 are not important enough for me as I don't expect them to last. 

I never leave home without 20 Chaos warriors to claim objectives. But I have never tried marauders. I find that having an unit that's build to last very useful. 

Never tried the Hellstriders because I don't feel they will survive long enough to take advantage of their ability. 

Never tried the chimera because I dont have the model ;) 

My build is focussed on 1 big survivable unit, support by speed to claim objectives early and take out key targets. 

Hope this helps and would love to hear you answers to my first question. 

I suppose I had been planning more about reaching objectives early, rather than having the numbers to hold them. I was hoping the Marauders could back up my cavalry when it came to holding onto objectives, but you are right that they certainly don't have the staying power of Warriors. They were mostly taken because they are cheap battleline so I could devote more points to units tied closer to the theme.

With speed being the priority, I suppose ultimately what I want is for this army to be able to claim points initially more or less at will and then be mobile enough to move to support one another when those points are being threatened. In the broader sense, I want to build a force that really plays to a Slaanesh army's strengths. Mobility is one area where Slaanesh definitively outclasses almost any other and so I want to see if it's possible to capitalize on that.

Completely understand. I also limited myself a bit further because of the conversions I'm planning. 

And what if you bring a chaos lord with the mark of slaanesh? His ability would mean that you could run and charge a mortal unit? Might be a solution to do both. 

Also a very good tip, chaos daemons and lords with the mark have very different abilities and stats. Can have a big impact on the game plan  

yeah I think the difference is that I prefer a bigger unit to pin things in place so I can utilize the speed of the seekers chaos knights and darmoneetes

Also chaos knights on the charge with a double pile in will make slaanesh very proud ;) 

Archived