New to FEC looking for some feedback on my list

Trav

Hi all,

i am picking up 2 start collecting boxes and wanting to put together a 1000 point list. I dont know much but would love some feedback on a list I am looking to build and paint. Does this seem like a good use of the box sets? Love the horrors.

ghoul king on zombie dragon

regenerating wound artefact

crypt haunter courtier (general to make horrors battleline)

+1 to deathless minions trait.

3 horrors

3 horrors

20 ghouls

all the units seem to synergise well together and the horrors can hopefully regenrate. 

I will also have the vampire lord, spare ghoul king on foot and will build a terrorgheist with the spare models to allow some flexibility. It is tough to decide on big monsters and their ridersMight also grab some more ghouls too.

any thoughts and feedback appreciated.

cheers

Nothing wrong with it per se, but the usual drawbacks of FEC: Namely that anything with shooting will target your Courtier, and he's easy to kill even with Deathless, and then your forces are basically chaff that can't do anything (barring the King on Dragon).  I definitely think it's a good use of the boxed set, and a solid 1k list but speaking for myself (and caution, I am garbage with FEC) I can't make it work.  Death as a whole is too reliant on characters that any shooting can and will snipe out unless you hide him behind a building the entire game, and summoning is IMHO completely gimped in Matched Play.

Sorry I don't have more advice, I've been trying to get FEC to work, specifically at 1000-1500 points (what normally is played at my GW) and I can't figure it out without doing any crazy (read: Unfluffy IMHO) shenanigans.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. Looking to keep it just flesheaters. Might look to pick up a few more ghouls though.

am i better off going a cheaper general and not having a big monster at 1000? Allowing me to get more troops? 

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with ghe monster riding generals and which yku have found best? They look like they absolutely murder things but do they really?

At 1k, a monster riding hero can do amazing damage output and be incredibly resilient. Take the book for your GK on ZD. Also, I personally would go with terrorgheist for the spell. I love the double 5+ after save. A 5+/5+/5+ is the same as a 2+, and against mortal wounds, a 5+/5+ is the same as a 4+. FEC may not have a lot, but it does have toughness (and its the cheapest $$$ army to make good).

Are you only going to play at 1k or expand to 2k?

On 1/29/2017 at 10:15 PM, NoTurtlesAllowed said:

At 1k, a monster riding hero can do amazing damage output and be incredibly resilient. Take the book for your GK on ZD. Also, I personally would go with terrorgheist for the spell. I love the double 5+ after save. A 5+/5+/5+ is the same as a 2+, and against mortal wounds, a 5+/5+ is the same as a 4+. FEC may not have a lot, but it does have toughness (and its the cheapest $$$ army to make good).

Are you only going to play at 1k or expand to 2k?

Thanks for the useful feedback! Only planning on olaying 1000-1500 points, only play smaller size games

Archived