Nighthaunt Army

skyengel

Hi everyone, 

I started collecting a Nighthaunt Army. 

To start i choose the following unites to build a 1000 Points Army. 

Hero:

Tomb Banshee (General, Master of Black Arts, Black Amulet) 

Cairn Wraith

Cairn Wrath 

6x Spirit Hosts (Battleline)

6x Spirit Hosts (Battleline) 

5x Hexwraiths 

5x Hexwraiths 

Later i will expand to 2000 Points and than i will ad 1 Morngul and 1 Black Coach.

What do you think about this? 

With regards to what youve got you cant really argue with that its a good start.

Unfortunately Nighthaunts are one of the most lacking subfactions in a lacking alliance.

Dont get me wrong the units are awesome (My own army is night haunt themed though with death rattle and deathmage elements to assist)

In reference to your expansion. The mourngul is a great choice (And much more acceptable now it has points) as this thing is a killing machine.

However the black coach . . . .I actually want one my self purely for aesthetics.

But as far as playability goes this thing is to difficult to use in a mixed army let alone a nighthaunt as you need to spam wizards in order to get the thing up to full strength. but? oh wait naight haunts have no wizards!! X@

My personal advice would be to do what ive done.

when im playing 1000k ill field more or less the same as you.

However if your going for 2k you have enough points to put in some generic death battleline and take a mixed army. this will allow you to take the wizards and such that you need. As nighthaunts dont have their own alliance abilities yet this wouldnt be a big loss at all.

Hopefully somewhere down the road GW will give NH a little love but until then your options are limited.

I understand you. 

I know the problem is that Nighthaunt have no Wizards. So i agree with you that a Nighthaunt Army atm is limited for 1000 Points. 

I hope that GW brings a bit more for the Nighthaunts or they change them into Malignants. Because with Malignants there is also the Mortis Engine but no specific Battleline Troops. 

Well i think its generally hoped that mortis engine will be shifted over. However that thing is neither a wizard or a hero (surprisingly)

However there are limitless options to go for when creating new spooky models.

I think there was an old thread about (id like a spirit host variant that can possess others :) )

A good ol death alliance army is what id go for though for now.

Ive actually painted my whole army in a spooky theme so that they all fit in with the ghosts

20161201_204433.jpg

20170115_231715.jpg

Archived