Pure Bonesplitterz

Uprising

We all know that the kunnin ruk is an extremely powerful, tool for destruction.  Also, savage orruk are great for battleline.  But, I never seen a pure bonesplitterz list, they are usually use as fill in the blank.  I have never seen a pure only bonesplitterz list.  Is it possible, how would you do it(2000 point list)?  thoughts and thanks for reading. 

I have been running a pure BS list and having decent results.  It has been able to at least hang with some of the filthy lists like the common Stonehorn spam and Stormcast Warrior Brotherhood.   Here it is: 

Savage Big Boss:          100

Wurrgog Prophet          140

Wardokk                          80

Arrowboys x40              400

Arrowboys x40              400 

Savage Oruuks x10        100

Boarboy Manicaks x5   160

Boarboy Manicaks x5   160

Big Stabbas x8             400

Kunning Rukk                60

Comes to 2000 even.  The Rukk gives you some raw power.  The Stabbas spam is kind of a glass canon but man does it kill Stonehorns dead.  The Boarboys help clear stuff and take objectives.  I also really like the BS spells, a really good mix of buffs, movement shenanigans and direct damage.  Overall a decent list that can pack some punch. 

I just ran this list at Heat 1 last weekend and came 14th.

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (320)
- Bonesplitterz Battleline

Units
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (100)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (300)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (60)
Snaga Rukk (40)
Teef Rukk (40)

Total: 1960/2000

I have been playing variations on this since the book was released last year and I have no plans on not being pure bonesplittas any time soon.

It sometimes bounces off really high armour saves, like the 2+ ignore rend 1 rerolling 1 Tree Lord ancient with a 2+ mystic shield rerolling 1 spirit of Durthu army I played against last game on Sunday. 

Other than that it has the tricks and tools to deal with most things. I even beat Clan Skyre with a list not dissimilar to this.

15 minutes ago, Kanamorf said:

I just ran this list at Heat 1 last weekend and came 14th.

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (100)

Units
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (300)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (60)
Snaga Rukk (40)
Teef Rukk (40)

Total: 1960/2000

I'm in the process of assembling my bone splitters and have been looking at something very similar but using the icebone war clan - so 4 units of 5 maniaks and bare bones teef ruk. Had any experience with this kind of variation? Glad to see you've done well as suggests I'm on the right track as it were for how I'd want my pure bonseplitters to be.

I have run the Icebone warclan 3 or maybe 4 times. My issue with it is the clan is 100pts, for 2" movement and a situational special rule against monsters I am not sure it is worth it. There is an argument that the magic item that halves wounds is very useful but I didn't see it in the games I played. This may be the way I play more than anything else though.

I was wondering this but the ability to one drop everything other than the kunnin' rukk is tempting. I was also wondering wether normal boar boys would be worth running with their better save and being able to retreat and charge (i think I'm remembering correctly no book with me) rather than maniaks? But you do then lose the snaga ruk. Any thought? Sorry to be a pain but getting quite excited to finally get these assembled on the table after my current tournament army kept getting in the way with different tweaks and unit changes over the past few months.

My list is 4 drops. I only really loose the first turn choice vs one drop armies (Sylvaneth and Stormcast) in those cases you are back to a dice roll for first turn choice. As more and more battle tomes are released I may go back to one drop Clans but for the moment I have no issue with 4. 

I like the normal boar boys but after having so many maniacs they just feel a little lack luster. All boars are surprisingly fragile, 3 wounds with a 6 save does not take long to chew through even for average units. The maniacs survive this by pure volume of attacks and double pile in therefore killing what is in front of them reducing incoming attacks. Normal boar boys don't get that. So whatever they charge first time takes a large chunk out of the unit, meaning there is not much left to retreat next turn. I have had normal boar boys win games for me where they heroically retreat, charge and grab an objective in turn 5 but not reliably enough to be included in every list.

Archived