Dwarf bolt thrower the best thing since sliced bread!

Bimli

That's a lot of points to be commiting to a backline of bolt throwers.   I personally would take some iron drakes and 2 runelords, sure it uses up 2 hero choices but it's a lot more stable than putting your chickens in a basket with bolt throwers.  This would give your iron drakes a -3 rend, taking a gryph hound would help them with ambushes too.  Bolt throwers are good but maybe hide them in cover and move them out in your first turn to snipe a character or something, my experience they die too quick.

3 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Sorry mate, but they're two separate warscrolls that work in conjunction with each other so they won't get buffs from the Dispossessed keyword because it's the Bolt Thrower doing the attacking (The crew just enable it to attack), not the Crew themself.

Whether or not multiple Crews can benefit the same warmachine seems like a bit of a grey area to me. All references to the crew reference "its" crew. This could indicate the Crew that comes bundled with the war machine, or could reference any crew.

GW rules have never been super tight :(

I agree that the bolt thrower wont gain benefit from the dispossessed trait as volund has shown me the light :D 

But based on the separate unit due to the dumb faq it seems RAW via this faq your able to control multiple warmachines with just 1 crew member which is really dumb. 

Realistically they should of just not made the faq and it would of been fine.

Well...if we are talking about what they "realistically should have done" then I imagine we can all pretty much agree on a single unit that is both the machine and crew and has 7 wounds and a single profile. Cause it would be sooo simple and perfect if they just had the ranged profiles for ranged attacks and 3 attacks with the crew's profile for meele attacks. If they wanted to get really crazy they could even make the ranged profile get worse as the war machine moved from 7 to 0 wounds. You know, sort of like...all the Legion of Azgorh artillery ?. I think the only unit that would actually change in any sort of meaningful way would be the Hellcannon, which ironically is the only one modeled with crew on the same base... oh GW

49 minutes ago, High Warden said:

That's a lot of points to be commiting to a backline of bolt throwers.   I personally would take some iron drakes and 2 runelords, sure it uses up 2 hero choices but it's a lot more stable than putting your chickens in a basket with bolt throwers.  This would give your iron drakes a -3 rend, taking a gryph hound would help them with ambushes too.  Bolt throwers are good but maybe hide them in cover and move them out in your first turn to snipe a character or something, my experience they die too quick.

I'm not a fan of the iron drakes 10 for 220 points that's basically 2 bolt throwers :P the bolt thrower are actually fairly cheap as I usually run 3 cannons but 4 bolt throwers are 60 points cheaper. And the army is defiantly not eggs in 1 basket. I have posted my dispossessed army in the past id really only take out the 3 cannons I had for 4 bolt throwers and maybe change my warden king to ungrim the slayer kings and with the 80 point save add another rune lord. 

On January 23, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Bimli said:

the warmachine and the crew count as one unit. under description it indicated the dwarf bolt thrower consists of the warmachine and 3 duardin crew. so ya you can use the dispossessed abilities :)

They have different keywords on their war scrolls, so they are effected by different abilities.

Archived