Hi from Nottingham, UK

I've been a Warhammer fan since 3rd edition. I've worked for GW during the 90's and when AOS first came out I dived in headfirst, trying to collect and game with forces from the core set.

However - real life (and countless other games) - got in the way and I had to sell my collection. I am now in the position to get back into fantasy skirmish and AOS is my system of choice (SAGA is my historical skirmish rules set). I want to play lots of games, improve my painting and perhaps even attend a tournament or two (my only tournament to date was the first Kings Of War one back in 2012 where I won the wooden spoon).

I also intend to make visiting WHW a more regular event once I have some models painted. And what models will those be, I hear you ask...

I have only had two complete armies, fully painted and gamed with in all my 30+ years of Warhammer gaming. The first was for 3rd/4th edition - Orcs and Goblins led by Gromm The Paunch. I used these extensively in the Leeds GW campaigns back during my time at GW. Sadly they have passed into legend having been left by accident when I moved home in 2000. The second army was an Undead force of Mantic models when I was into KOW during its first edition. These were ironically sold to Alessio Cavatore himself when I moved on from Mantic.

And with AOS I'm going back to the well and have chosen Orruks. The battletome and a box of Brutes will get me started and I'm possibly going to end up getting the Grand Alliance Destruction book to add some Goblins and Trolls to the force at a later date.

The models should be here tomorrow and so I'll create a new Blog here on the site to track my progress.

Cheers

JP

Hi JP.

I'm in Leicester so am not too far either. I've just got back in to gaming as well and AoS is what I have been looking for now for quite a while. It seems the perfect mix of WH:FB and WH:40k that suits me down to the ground. I'm currently building a Stormcast Eternal army (Sigmarines as I believe some people are calling them) and intend to visit Warhammer World more often so if you're up for playing AoS then let me know.

Archived