'The Mask of the Executioner' rules question

Mamble94

Hi guys,

quick question with regards to the 'Mask of the Executioner' rule on Shartor the Executioner's warscroll:

"Once per game, at the beginning of the charge phase, instead of conducting a charge, Shar’tor can use the power of his sacred mask to exult the name of Hashut. Roll 2D6 for the distance of the mask’s effect in inches. All models with the Ba’hal keyword in this range may re-roll their charge distances this charge phase. In addition, roll a D6 for each model from the enemy army within this range. For each result of a 4+, that model suffers a mortal wound."

The rule states this can be activated in the charge phase instead of charging, obviously I cant therefore charge in the same phase but if I am in combat already can I still activate the mask in the combat phase because I didn't charge? need a good excuse to drop FW level hobby money and this would be a good one...

I've looked at him for that very ability.

i faced a khorne bloodbound army last night with a massive horde of blood reavers and thought that his ability would have been incredible on them, especiallt as they were all in a seven inch bubble so he could have got the majority.

Would it be worth putting the generic question in the rules forum regarding the charge, or maybe on GW's facebook page?

My gut instinct is to say, that if he's in combat he must first retreat out of combat and set himself up as if to facilitate a charge.

I generally do this with my Taur'uk - never letting him get into combat at the the same time or before his centaurs, just in case I need him to charge and gain all the benefits thereof.

Archived