New and improved Forest drake

KHHaunts

8 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

I've mentioned it a few times on the forums but I wanted to share with everyone the first stages in my attempt. To create a revamped forest dragon model.

It's in its early stages with the green stuff being only the underlay erstwhile so no detailing there yet. Also the Base will be very detailed to be as foresty as possible. 

Have used top jaw of the original drake to keep it recognisable

20170109_235855.jpg

20170109_235943.jpg

20170109_235951.jpg

20170110_000001.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here is my latest update of my new forest drake.

The model is nearly complete other that some details.

The first base layer is going on. Going for a more "realistic" color scheme inspired by the total war forest dragon as opposed to the more flamboyant greens. Am getting excited to see it coming together ?

20170307_204203.jpg

20170307_204223.jpg

20 minutes ago, Crowsfoot said:

Very nice, the positioning is very good, have you a plan for a rider?

Thank you. Its only the base layers of color so it should hopefully look much more stunning when its finished especially the butterfly wing effect im planning.

Also the base is still lacking all its greenary and other foilige which should add to the effect greatly.

Plans yes but nothing assembled yet. Will likely use the many bits i have from the Wildwood rangers ,wild riders, etc to create some cool looking lord.

However i also plan to have a removable secondary character that can be put either on the dragon or somewhere on the base so that this model can be set up as a sisters of twilight proxy.

Archived