Matched Play Battleline Question

TerrorPenguin

Question

I'm not 100% familiar with all the warscrolls that allow deployment shenanigans, so please bear with me if this is a daft question.

If I use the batallion 'ghoul patrol' (GHOUL PATROL!) it states that I must set these units up on one side and deploy them in my first movement phase. 1st question : I can have these units of ghouls as my battleline even though I do not deploy them as usual?

2nd question: My ghoul king has a command ability in which he can bring a unit of ghouls onto the table from a board edge using reinforcement points. If I have one of my battleline units allocated on my army roster - can I deploy it in this way instead of setting it up at the start of the game? 

TL;DR - is it the case that unless explicitly stated that I set the unit aside at the start of the game - I must deploy it at the beginning of the game? 

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

If a unit is summoned (using reinforcement points), it cannot count towards your minimum battleline.

Units with their own special deployment/set-up rules can count towards minimum battleline, as far as I'm aware.

Going by the matched play rules, you do not allocate reinforcement points to specific units before the battle starts, you just note down how many points you are setting aside. It's only once the battle is underway that you decide what to spend the reinforcement points on, when you summon them.

No units are "set aside" as reinforcement points.  Reinforcement points are what go in the list, what you will do with them is not specified (i.e. units you summon are part of your army, but not part of your list), so you can't achieve any list requirements with reinforcement points.

Archived