Mixed 2000 pt Destruction List

Thomas Lyons

I've been kicking around a mixed 2000 point Destruction list and I was curious to get some feedback from the community.  Here it is:

• *Kunnin Rukk (60)
  • *Savage Orc Big Boss (100)
  • 40 *Savage Orc Arrow Boyz (400)
  • 30 *Savage Orrruks (300) [Battleline]
  • 10 *Savage Orruks (100) [Battleline]
  • Arachnarok (280) w/battlebrew
  • Big Boss on Gigantic Spider (100)
  • 10 Forest Goblin Spider Riders (200)
  • 20 Moonclan Grots w/2 Fanatics (180) [Battleline]

The idea is that I can run the Big Boss on Gigantic Spider as the general with either Bellowing Tyrant (make an Arachnarok do Mortal Wounds on a 2+ with bite for 2d3 mortal wounds each bite), Big and Brutish, or Ravager.  The Spiders run hard up a flank that is heavy with terrain with the Big Boss hiding in the pack/out of LOS.  Kunnin' Rukk comes up the middle after objectives while the Moonclan are placed as needed for interception and charge blocking.  There is a diffusion of target priority between the Kunnin' Rukk's big boss, the general on Gigantic Spider, and the two face wrecking Arachnaroks.  This force has speed, range, mobility, multiple heroes, multiple casters (who will be in range to dispel), significant mortal wound output.  

Thoughts?

On 28/12/2016 at 9:46 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

I've been kicking around a mixed 2000 point Destruction list and I was curious to get some feedback from the community.  Here it is:

• *Kunnin Rukk (60)
  • *Savage Orc Big Boss (100)
  • 40 *Savage Orc Arrow Boyz (400)
  • 30 *Savage Orrruks (300) [Battleline]
  • 10 *Savage Orruks (100) [Battleline]
  • Big Boss on Gigantic Spider (100)
  • 10 Forest Goblin Spider Riders (200)
  • 20 Moonclan Grots w/2 Fanatics (180) [Battleline]

The idea is that I can run the Big Boss on Gigantic Spider as the general with either Bellowing Tyrant (make an Arachnarok do Mortal Wounds on a 2+ with bite for 2d3 mortal wounds each bite), Big and Brutish, or Ravager.  The Spiders run hard up a flank that is heavy with terrain with the Big Boss hiding in the pack/out of LOS.  Kunnin' Rukk comes up the middle after objectives while the Moonclan are placed as needed for interception and charge blocking.  There is a diffusion of target priority between the Kunnin' Rukk's big boss, the general on Gigantic Spider, and the two face wrecking Arachnaroks.  This force has speed, range, mobility, multiple heroes, multiple casters (who will be in range to dispel), significant mortal wound output.  

Thoughts?

I honestly think you'd be hard pressed to field a more competitive mixed Destruction list.

Only think that seems a bit odd to me is the 30 Savage Orruks unit. You do not need it to fulfill the Kunnin' Rukk, so the unit could be exchanged for 40 Moonclan Grots + Fanatics or maybe a Grot Shaman + Gitmob Grots for some Sneaky Stabbin'.

Either that or go for a basic 10 Savage Orruk unit and include something else, like maybe Brutes or something. Though if you do that you will of course sacrifice some board space due to the fewer models.

Anyways I think it's a really hard list, and I think the only real weak link is the low wound Savage and Spider General with no Talisman of Protection.

7 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

I honestly think you'd be hard pressed to field a more competitive mixed Destruction list.

Only think that seems a bit odd to me is the 30 Savage Orruks unit. You do not need it to fulfill the Kunnin' Rukk, so the unit could be exchanged for 40 Moonclan Grots + Fanatics or maybe a Grot Shaman + Gitmob Grots for some Sneaky Stabbin'.

Either that or go for a basic 10 Savage Orruk unit and include something else, like maybe Brutes or something. Though if you do that you will of course sacrifice some board space due to the fewer models.

Anyways I think it's a really hard list, and I think the only real weak link is the low wound Savage and Spider General with no Talisman of Protection.

Great observations. I added them as an extra battleline unit, although I agree that the Moonclan Grot block might be the better add.  Either way, I wanted a large block of bodies to be able to stick on a point.

I agree that the Spider general will be a high priority target and considered trying to get another battalion in here for an additional item (although I knew I would be hard pressed to do so).  Thanks for the thoughts.  Gives me something to think about :-)

Archived