2k Death Army

Ashtyn

Hi Guys

I've been try to theorycraft some death lists that can pack a decent punch and also bog down opponents.

I've come up with this list which I think provides a solid amount of spell casting, mortal wounds, tough units, and lots of bodies.

Here is the list

Characters

Vampire Lord (General)

Trait: Ruler of the Night

Artefact: Cursed Book/Cloak of Mists and Shadows

Kemmler 

Necromancer

Wight King with Infernal Standard

Units

10 Zombies

10 Zombies

10 Zombies

10 Zombies

10 Zombies

6 Necropolis Knights

Behemoths

Mourngul

Mortis Engine

Mortis Engine

Reinforcements: 80 points 

Total: 2000

So the idea is that I use kemmler and the Mortis Engines as heals and dps bombs.

The Mourngul and the Necropolis Knights do most of the hurt on specific enemy targets. Since the Knights have 30 effective wounds with a 5+ invulnerable save and the ability to return models with standard, return a model through casting, and heal a wound due to kemmler, I'm sure they will be quite resilient. They will benefit from the generals command ability with extra attacks and VHD will also offer them a large buffer.

The Mourngul is terrifying enough by itself but will be even scarier with mystic shield.

The Mortis Engines will give my casters a hefty advantage, while also acting as seeking missiles that will run asap into enemy lines and start screaming and dishing out as much pain as they can.

The zombies will act as a buffer for the necro and Kemmler. I'd like to start them in split groups so I can manoeuvre them were necessary and not lose a large amount due to battleshock if I get alpha struck. I can then summon a new unit due to reinforcement points and merge in the hero phase if necessary. Oh, they will also have the 6+ save from the wight kings standard which will add even more survivability to the units.

The large model size of the Mortis Engines will also allow me to to attempt to screen my small footprint heroes from ranged enemies. I'm hoping with the healing that the list has access too that they will do this job for a few turns. 

Let me know what you guys think! 

Archived