Hearthguards bezerkers

Tizianolol

Hi all !i have 2 questions about this unit!

- warscroll says that some unit got firesteel throwing axe.. It mean that I build broasaxe/ poleaxes and throwing axe too?

- how flamestrike poleaxes work?If i hit i roll a dice, if 3+ i got a mortal wound without hit for wounding? Or i roll a dice every wound dealed on enemy? Thx all for clarifications:)

2 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Hi all !i have 2 questions about this unit!

- warscroll says that some unit got firesteel throwing axe.. It mean that I build broasaxe/ poleaxes and throwing axe too?

- how flamestrike poleaxes work?If i hit i roll a dice, if 3+ i got a mortal wound without hit for wounding? Or i roll a dice every wound dealed on enemy? Thx all for clarifications:)

*don't play fireslayers myself but I read the warscroll for you. But I hope my answer helps :) If not just ask. 

- Yes, all units can ALSO carry throwing axes. (so broadaxe/poleaxe + throwing axe)

- When a poleaxe attacks roll like normal (so 3+ to hit, then a 4+ to wound). In addition (so on top of all that) you count the number of poleaxe hits. For every poleaxe hit you roll another dice. If that roll is also a 3+ the unit suffers a mortal wound. 

Example, 3 Bezerkers attack. They hit 2 times, wound 1 once and the armour save is failed. Now for every hit (two times in this case) the bezerkers roll another dice. So they roll 2 more dice: a 2 and a 3. The roll of a 3 means a mortal wound is caused. No armour save is allow so the hearthguard bezerkers scored two wounds. 

Thx a lot dude, so basically i roll for hit and wound.. Is not important if armor save a wound, for every hit and after wound i roll a dice, with 3+ i put another mortal wound

for exemple i put 3 wound with normal attack, enemy save one, i roll 3 dice .. If i got for every 3 dice 3+ in total i got 3 mortal wound plus 2 wound!! Right?:) 

8 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Thx a lot dude, so basically i roll for hit and wound.. Is not important if armor save a wound, for every hit and after wound i roll a dice, with 3+ i put another mortal wound

for exemple i put 3 wound with normal attack, enemy save one, i roll 3 dice .. If i got for every 3 dice 3+ in total i got 3 mortal wound plus 2 wound!! Right?:) 

Almost. You count the successful hits. Then you roll to wound and to save.

When that is done: for every successful hit you roll another dice. If that's a 3+ you deal a mortal wound  

but as @Nico says it's a quite unique ability. but very awesome. :) 

example time; if three bezerkers with poleaxes attack you get three attacks. You roll 4,4,5 so all are successful hits. Then you roll 1,1,1 to wound. Nothing wounds. But the ability allows you to roll a dice for every successful hit, in this case three successful hits so three dice. For every 3+ you do a mortal wound. 

Archived