Advice for first tournament army (Dispossessed)

Dawnmane

Hi,

I am very new to this, but I am trying to build a 1K Dispossessed list for my first tournament  - and it's in January, so I have to work with what I have.

This is what I have currently painted (or could finish in time):

Warden King

Runelord

Cogsmith

Auric Runemaster

10 Vulkite Berzerkers (they're battleline and can be split in two units) with handaxes and throwing axes

10 quarrellers w. axes/crossbows/shields

10 irondrakes

10 hammerers

10 ironbreakers

1 dwarf cannon

1 gyrobomber

20 longbeards (in two units)

Here is the list I would suggest myself, cc very very welcome (but remember that recommending me buying other kits is not an option):

Leaders
Cogsmith (100)
Runelord (80)
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Inspiring
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade

Units
Longbeards x 10 (140)
- Shield & Axe or Hammer
Longbeards x 10 (140)
- Shield & Axe or Hammer
Irondrakes x 10 (220)

Behemoths

War Machines
Cannon (180)

Battalions

Scenery

Total: 980/1000

If you havent built the cannon yet, id build it with magnets so you can switch between a cannon or an organ gun.  If you're able to do that id run and organ gun, which is 120, and then your bomber to give your list some mobility.  If the cannon is already built, ignore that.

id recommend using grimm burloksson instead of a cogsmith.  He's a lot better for the same points.

Otherwise pretty solid list, longbeards are awesome!  With them you might want to think about making a hero other then your warden king general.  You can use multiple command abilities with one of the longbeards grumbles. So make your runelord general, give him an order ability, and you can still use your warden kings ability. 

Hope that helps/ makes sense!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2016 at 4:26 AM, CentralKarma said:

If you havent built the cannon yet, id build it with magnets so you can switch between a cannon or an organ gun.  If you're able to do that id run and organ gun, which is 120, and then your bomber to give your list some mobility.  If the cannon is already built, ignore that.

id recommend using grimm burloksson instead of a cogsmith.  He's a lot better for the same points.

Otherwise pretty solid list, longbeards are awesome!  With them you might want to think about making a hero other then your warden king general.  You can use multiple command abilities with one of the longbeards grumbles. So make your runelord general, give him an order ability, and you can still use your warden kings ability. 

Hope that helps/ makes sense!

this is really helpful, thank you! i might do the organ gun next time.

Archived