Sigmars recruitment

Coganaut

The one thing about Nagash that confuses me is why he only cares about Human Souls.  In the End Times Nagash absorbed the power of the True god of Death to take the mantle, but with the old gods dead and the new gods being on equal footing with him power wise why has he not decided to take all souls.  Is he still so consumed with his feud with Sigmar from The World that was that he only wants to take from Sigmar?

Duradin do not have their gods present currently and Aelves no longer have the vortex.  Can we assume Nagash simply takes these souls already and they don't mind.  Admittedly the Aelves currently have no threat of being eaten by Slaanesh since s/he is currently missing/captured so perhaps they are okay with any afterlife other then this, but I cannot imagine Tyrion or Teclis being okay with this.

19 minutes ago, Odiamh said:

The one thing about Nagash that confuses me is why he only cares about Human Souls.  In the End Times Nagash absorbed the power of the True god of Death to take the mantle, but with the old gods dead and the new gods being on equal footing with him power wise why has he not decided to take all souls.  Is he still so consumed with his feud with Sigmar from The World that was that he only wants to take from Sigmar?

Duradin do not have their gods present currently and Aelves no longer have the vortex.  Can we assume Nagash simply takes these souls already and they don't mind.  Admittedly the Aelves currently have no threat of being eaten by Slaanesh since s/he is currently missing/captured so perhaps they are okay with any afterlife other then this, but I cannot imagine Tyrion or Teclis being okay with this.

Well souls are meant to go to the underworld when they die sigmar making the stormcast and how they resurrect also deprives him of power and is messing with a power that he should not be messing with which is death. The stormcast losing their memories, spirit and personalities is due to nagash trying to grasp at their souls each time they die. 

The Duardin? Grimnir is in the gold veins across all the realms and Grungi? He is still alive and well he Just up and left sigmar one day in the all - gates campaign book. Sigmar is wondering where he went. *coughnewdwarfscough* 

I imagine the other gods have their own minds for the afterlife's of their people I mean hell sylvaneth have their own life cycle. 

Josh has also said that all the people dying violently against chaos going to the underworld is not doing any "wonders" with nagash's mood plus those sacrificed to chaos don't go to the underworld either which causes him to lose even more power. Those that do get there? Put it in perspective all those people dying perhaps with their last thoughts on their mind "Why did sigmar abandoned us?", "Why did this happen? we prayed and he was silent!", "Sigmar allowed my family to die! Chaos killed them!" etc etc. 

Imagine all those souls and a god one with death going through all of that Josh raises the point Nagash was first to join the pantheon and the last to leave. Both claim treachery on both sides when mannfred hears of the alliance in lord of undeath he is like LUL what? we all remember what sigmar did to us in the past right? Then he get's his hand on a piece of the black pyramid has nagash has him to try and trap a stormcast soul which reveals to mannfred sigmar is also stealing the souls of nagash's warriors. (Mannfred tell's nagash at the end of the book)

I personally want a book on those events. 

Nagash also does not like those who mess with what he percieves belongs to him that's one of his defining characteristic and sigmar and chaos is messing with what is his. Right now to solve the soul situation he is making a black pyramid that draws in the souls that die in shyish so stormcast and those marked by the chaos gods (since marked followers go to their respective god nagash can't do anything about that) will get sucked up.  

Archived