FEC Competitive Beasts and Ghouls list

Ashtyn

Funny enough I've just written a very similar one to the one in the first post though I've gone vamp Lord on ZD and two ghoul kings on ZD along with 2x20 ghouls and 1x10 in the ghoul patrol. 

Usually I love the cloak when I'm running vamp Lord on ZD but is it really needed when your big guys get a 6" move in the hero phase followed by a 14" move? I'd take the risk of 4" charges x3 personally and so opted for cursed books on them all. Makes a very survivable list even more so. 

39 minutes ago, Countmoore said:

Funny enough I've just written a very similar one to the one in the first post though I've gone vamp Lord on ZD and two ghoul kings on ZD along with 2x20 ghouls and 1x10 in the ghoul patrol. 

Usually I love the cloak when I'm running vamp Lord on ZD but is it really needed when your big guys get a 6" move in the hero phase followed by a 14" move? I'd take the risk of 4" charges x3 personally and so opted for cursed books on them all. Makes a very survivable list even more so. 

How have you found the vampire lord? I'm assuming the rerolls to hit work quite well with the ghoul king on ZD 

I've been using him for ages with a pet Mourngul in a mixed death army and he's been pretty legit. In that list he's the general with cloak and red fury. 

Think for menagerie I have to make a ghoul king the general or miss out on the re rolls for the 6" move. Which saves the cloaks and gets them all the cursed book for -1 to hit them. 

What I was thinking of was

AGK on ZD (general)

AGK on TG

VL on ZD

if you ran this combo with red fury on the abhorrent then you potentially have rerolls to hit and to wound meaning your maw attacks should defiantly get through ( plus heaps of claws and AGK attacks )

youll easily get enough wounds in on most models to give you the option to immediately attack again which means you could theoretically kill a stonehorn if you get first turn ( the two zombie breaths could also help ) 

Or get the big guy on a thundertusk, shoot the stonehorn with breaths and then double team him with the VL and the AGK on TG. Hopefully killing a stonehorn and a thundertusk on the first turn.

unfortunately fanatics f*** you right up. And bubble wraping big troops also causes issues, although you could just hug the back board edge and pounce once they move up, since ghoul patrol can give you some mid board presence.

its all theoretical atm. The big issue with Redfury is the loss of the +5 save, which is so bloody good for death armies

Archived