Alternative Sayl models - Kranon?

Iain

What do people use as Sayl? Obviously the legit model is quite nice but it's not amazing. It seems like it would be possible to convert Kranon the relentless, which also a really nice model. The hardest part would be modelling the snake staff. Do some people just use the generic Chaos Sorcerer model?

Krannon's a cool model with a surprisingly low amount of 40k-y detail you'd need to cover up, go for it!

I don't know how much she fetches on bits sites but the Bloodwrack Shrine's medusa has an incrediably nice snakey staff, and you'd probably be able to make most of your money back dropping the rest of her on ebay if you didn't want to use it in another conversion:

99120212009_BloodwrackShrineNEW03.jpg

If I ever wanted to play Chaos (which I never would) and cheese it up (which I never would), I'd probably use the good ol' Dark Emissary as a Sayl stand-in. He's been one of my favourite models and bits of WFB background since his release, and the fact Sayl has a spell with both the words "Mist" and "Traitor" in it's name on his warscroll makes him an infinitely better fit to represent Dark Emissary than a generic Chaos Sorcerer Lord. 

99800299004_DarkEmissaryNEW01.jpg

Archived